SAU Community

Speed Limiter

Help me please,

I have just taken out my speedo to remove the screw to disable the speed limiter. The searches I have done said that it is on the back near a bulb around the 0 (on the front). I am unsure which one it is and have included a picture of the back to see if any of you know which it is.

Anyone know? I have heard about the wire 53(i think it is that number) but would prefer to undo a screw than cut a wire. So if you know you help would be appreciated.

I am about to go on a performance driving day and get to laps around the international raceway. So I need to disable it.

Thanks,

Mike

I'm no guru, but I understand that the wire 53 cut is for r32 only, and may have side effects. I think for 33 onwards you need to buy some technology (speed cut defender, apexi rsm etc).

Also, what track - unless it has a really long straight you're unlikely to top 180.

Can you post a pic of the whole back please.... What ever you do don't go and buy the speed cut defender, its a waste of money. One of my mates with a 4 door like yours did the same thing as me and took out the screw. So taking out the screw does work on yours. I'll print out your pic and take it down to my import mechanic who showed me how to take mine out, so i don't have to rip out my dash.

Cheers

over here as we have 2 run speedo in MPH , we chip them , ie 2 give recalibrated reading , ie 112 mph , now becomes 179.2 mph, as this chip is in efect slowing the signal, to the speedo down . Instant delimit,

do speedos in aus have 2 read in Km/h ?

just a suggestion but why dont you just do it properly? ie buy a proper piggyback module to get rid of the limiter? cutting wires, etc will only cause a malfunctioning ecu. a malfunctioning ecu on a car thats going flat out will only cause trouble right??!?!

when I was trying to find the speed sensor wire in my 32 I followed the tracks from the speedo to the plug in the back of the dash to find out which wire it was. From memory, there were only 3 or so tracks leading away from it. Mine had a couple of jap letters followed by SW written on the speed sensor track.

Will cutting (breaking the circuit) the wire do stupid things to your HICAS. I understand (from conversation) that the HICAS will error as Iit can't find a speed signal?

Michael