SAU Community

Cleaning Aac Valve In Rb26?

Sol32

Hi guys

Given the extensive coverage of this job on other skyline engines - Im wondering about this for the rb26, as I'm having a few minor idle hunting issues when under electrical load (headlights etc) and I heard that cleaning this valve may fix it - Can anyone shed some light as to where / how it is done ? Appreciate any advice in advance.

Thanks

Andrew

Theres one for the RB25, wouldnt imagine it would be that different. Just locate it, pull it off and remember where everything connects, clean it and put it back together :)

Thanks for the help boys, Ive had a look at the Rb25 write up, and even tried to follow it and find the valve in my engine bay, but it turns out theyre not the same - Ive also heard someone mention that the valve is under the manifold? Cowie, if you've got the wherabouts of anything on the RB26 i'd be grateful!

Thanks again

Andrew

have a feel under the manifold around the middle. You can feel the AAC assembly and i think the idle screw points towards the front of the car aswell

getting it off is another story and its even difficult to touch the bloody thing. Theres not even enough room to swing an ant. Id take the cooler pipes and battery out and place a mirror under the plenum to try and locate the screws to take the thing off. Good luck!

Failing that, id say the plenum would have to come off...yuck!!

intake.doc

Edited by SLIPPERY

have a feel under the manifold around the middle. You can feel the AAC assembly and i think the idle screw points towards the front of the car aswell

getting it off is another story and its even difficult to touch the bloody thing. Theres not even enough room to swing an ant. Id take the cooler pipes and battery out and place a mirror under the plenum to try and locate the screws to take the thing off. Good luck!

Failing that, id say the plenum would have to come off...yuck!!

Thanks Trav, that just about settles it :thumbsup:

The AAC can be easily removed without taking off the plenum, or sub plenum. It's bolted to the side of the sub plenum using 4 x 6mm bolts (10mm hex head) and these can be undone using small (1/4" drive or perhaps 3/8") ratchet. The bolts undo/come out toward the drivers side shock tower. It's actually more difficult to disconnect th short air hose connecting the AAC to the plenum as it's quite stiff and can be difficult to disconnect (or reconnect) in the confined space. There's also a gasket between the AAC body and the sub plenum which will almost certainly break or be damaged, so have a spare on hand.