SAU Community

man best bet is gettin that one rebuilt,, dual clutch packs, kevlar belts, upgraded pump

Cheers 4 that, thought my only option was to try my luck and put in a 5 speed manual if all went wrong..

i dont know what to do, i like the lazyness of the auto but the control of the manual.. and i want to start drifting... can you drift in an auto? it holds 1st and 2nd ....hmm

It'd probably pay to price up some auto trans upgrades (ie. for strengthening the auto) and auto trans cooler (if you dont have one already) and compare the cost to the cost of a manual conversion.

If you prefer the auto then you'll need to spend some $$ to strengthen it a bit and cool it better. I'd imagine with that amount of power a stock auto box wouldn't last that long. Nissan auto gearboxes are usually pretty strong but you're talking about 2-3x the stock power output that it was built for.

At the very least you'll need a transmission oil cooler and probably some kind of shift kit (auto valve body upgrade), but I'd say it'll need a much more serious upgrade to handle 350-400kw.

If you prefer the auto (I do) then its worth weighing up your options now. Dont wait till the auto box breaks because reconditioning costs a lot of money (I learnt the hard way). If it does break then your best and cheapest option is likely to be a manual conversion. :P

It'd probably pay to price up some auto trans upgrades (ie. for strengthening the auto) and auto trans cooler (if you dont have one already) and compare the cost to the cost of a manual conversion.

If you prefer the auto then you'll need to spend some $$ to strengthen it a bit and cool it better. I'd imagine with that amount of power a stock auto box wouldn't last that long. Nissan auto gearboxes are usually pretty strong but you're talking about 2-3x the stock power output that it was built for.

At the very least you'll need a transmission oil cooler and probably some kind of shift kit (auto valve body upgrade), but I'd say it'll need a much more serious upgrade to handle 350-400kw.

If you prefer the auto (I do) then its worth weighing up your options now. Dont wait till the auto box breaks because reconditioning costs a lot of money (I learnt the hard way). If it does break then your best and cheapest option is likely to be a manual conversion. :P

If its anything like an R33 auto box then even anything above 250 at the wheels will eventually blow a gear or two if the car is being driven hard. Best bet if your planning to use all of the 400kw all the time, is to build a full house auto race box, beleive me then it will be bulletproof.