SAU Community

Angel Eyes

besides its hard trying to be original these days

no it's quite easy. you just don't do any visual mods. spend all your money on performance. a car that looks stock is probably as rare as someone that has done something original.

Wow that does look great, but I agree, too much light coming off that side LED takes the focus from around the bulb where the illuminated ring is... Can this 'angel eyes' addition be linked to another led that shines down in front of the airdam where the intercooler is, like this BMW one?

m_cb637470180958ade5030c53c7ac8ce5.jpg

Edited by Marco-R34GTT

Not questioning whether it is or not... However, WHY would it be illegal? Having that neon/led shining down the front of the airdam...

Not sure about the laws in Perth, but in QLD and NSW any neon, even inside of the car that shows while driving is illegal, i think one of the reasons was that it is a distraction to drivers. The neon in the front of the BMW is the same as having an underbody kit. Its fine for show, but illegal to drive with them on. I was told that angel eyes are illegal in all colours except white.

Not sure about the laws in Perth, but in QLD and NSW any neon, even inside of the car that shows while driving is illegal, i think one of the reasons was that it is a distraction to drivers. The neon in the front of the BMW is the same as having an underbody kit. Its fine for show, but illegal to drive with them on. I was told that angel eyes are illegal in all colours except white.

That is such a crock.... Anyways, thanks mate! I'll dig a little deeper and check out the WA laws...

• 5 months later...

ok i bought some which are a solid (?) plastic ring and 2 led's per ring, plus wiring and some reflecting stuff........would i need to cut the plastic and mount the led inside it or something?

any suggestions would help!

Thanks

still not quite finished on my headlight design yet, but theres an example of my handy work
at night there not really that bright........they put off a fair bit but its more for an effect and not a purpose if ya get what i mean.....

i bought em as a complete kit from a local wholesaler in adelaide, theyre actual spot lights with an angel ring

looks mean as hell with the bumper, il post a pic........havnt got one at night though, im still in the process of getting some perspex covers made to make it look like i have proper headlights instead of 2 pairs of high powered spotties

You have a mental looking ride. I LOVE 33's more then any other series (personally). When can i see this car in real life :worship:;)