SAU Community

How To Install 6x9s On R32 Parcel Shelf?

adoboy666

Hi

i recently purchased some sony 4 way 420w 6x9 speakers for $74 and i am wanting to put them in the rear parcel shelf of my r32, i noticed that the hole in the wooden parcel shelf fits 6"speakers and same with the hole in the metal underneath, but i dont want to cut up my metal parcel shelf to install the 6x9s. Anyone done this b4 without cutting the metal hole bigger??, i am thinking of spacers but i am still quite confused as i have only had the car for 2 weeks and i dont want to screw it up yet.

I have looked everywhere on this site but i can only find topics of people making a new thicker parcel shelf on r33's.

Images welcome of 6x9 rear parcel installs

Gday mate,

You can buy the spacers from Strathfield/ JB pretty much any "hi fi" store but the thing is to get spacers that allow the speaker magnets to pass through the holes in the parcel shelf ;)

I was going to go down this route, but i ended up getting a set of JBL 6.5" for the rear, simply cauz its a bit of a hastle with the 6 x 9" but everyone to their own eh :)

You mentioned that you only just got the car? Well then I’m guessing your a bit hesitant pulling up the seats etc... If you pop over to the DIY section i have made a thread explaining how to install a sub in a 32, in there you can get an idea of the best way to get the rear seat out etc :)

Anywayz, have a great Easter mate, and enjoy ya tunes!!!

Regards,

Sean'O

Here is the link: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...&hl=install

running quite low on money lol, so im gonna make some spacers out of mdf, put the speakers in the spacer and bolt through the speaker, spacer, wooden parcel shelf and into the metal parcel shelf.

If anyone has some pics of their own 6x9 rear install could they post up pics and info on how they did it?

Thanx

Dont worry peeps, i am going to cut into the parcel shelf with the help from my brother who has done it on past nissans.

I will take fotos and hopefully make a diy tutorial out of it, to help everyone else with this problem.

thanks anyway

Dont worry peeps, i am going to cut into the parcel shelf with the help from my brother who has done it on past nissans.

I will take fotos and hopefully make a diy tutorial out of it, to help everyone else with this problem.

thanks anyway

cutting the metal of the parcel shelf is a defect. If a cop catches you, might have some trouble fixing it back up....

cutting the metal of the parcel shelf is a defect. If a cop catches you, might have some trouble fixing it back up....

Couldnt agree more, cutting the parcel shelf is considered a defect because I think its considered a major structural part of the car or something like that

Couldnt agree more, cutting the parcel shelf is considered a defect because I think its considered a major structural part of the car or something like that

Yep thats correct :), not worth it mate !!!!

Regards,

Sean

• 3 weeks later...

man just jump in the boot with a small die grinder and cut away. no cop will check. if a cop pulled u over im sure he will be more interested wat u have under the hood other than ur system.

what ive done

made new shelf from MDF

got spacers for 6x9s and screwed it all together

cant see the speakers because they are behind the seat cushon and my window tint is dark so dont care how they look either

You can cut the parcel shelf.

Provided....

You dont cut within 50mm of child seat restraint bolts.

and

You only cut the minimun amount required to fit the speakers in.

Even after telling customers that its not advisable to do so, and trying to talk them into buyin speakers that will fit, but we will still cut them if a customer wont be swayed.