SAU Community

Post Your Wheels/tire Size And Specs

yokotas13

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

diameter doenst ever matter reall as long as you get the correct tire to make it near rolling diameter

Ive seen 20s that are only an inch or two taller overall

Its not like any of yuo slam your cars like i do and have ot worry about fender to tire clearance (FOr the most part, i know some do)

The only thing 80% of the people that ask need to worry about is width and offset

mate your obviously not from australia as we have 100mm ground clearance rules here. no offence mate but i have owned bagged minni trucks which dragged rails and you still need wheel clearance. or you become good friends with the pannel beaters real quick.stageas are mad roll around cars and not ment to drag arse its all for the looks and style why your rollin.

yeah, i slam the shit out of my stag

i dunno about you

EVERY car should be slammed in my eyes

y?

fair enough it looks good but sometimes you need practicality.

gaurd clearence has a lot to do with wheel selection. i live in a town with probly the worst roads in australia and iam telling you go over a bump in a "slamed car" and bang you just f#%ked your gaurd and your tyre and if you made bad tyre choice, bye bye expensive hubcap. wise up smart ar$e.

you need good tyre rim and suspention choice to drive around or you will be paying and looking like a fool.

yeh that is what i think. and maybe should hang out on a mini truck sight that is where people go to dribble shit. they do stuff first then try figure out they f####ed up so then they just run stock rims . yeh low is good for shows but my stage is a daily drive car and cops in australia dont need another reason to give you some arse action. and the roads i agree they could not get any worse.

and dude you no by pulling your drive shalfts out. that they are the only thing holding your front wheel bearings together.as they dont have a stub axle to bolt them in with . ganna look sweet driving down the road and your wheel overtakes you right after it rips your guards off real sick. any other bright ideas does any one listen to that guy .

and dude you no by pulling your drive shalfts out. that they are the only thing holding your front wheel bearings together.as they dont have a stub axle to bolt them in with . ganna look sweet driving down the road and your wheel overtakes you right after it rips your guards off real sick. any other bright ideas does any one listen to that guy .

i think he is trying to say that he has pulled out the front tailshaft.not the front shafts to the wheels.i mean come on guys you dont have to call him names for voicing his opinion here.i was on the understanding that if we agree with what someone tells us we might try it if not well what the hey at least the information was offered.i dont know fark all compared to some of the people here but if i thaught something will work id say so and not expect people to put me down if im wrong. just my 2 cents worth. well maybee 4 cents.................regards mike ................

I have always wanted a set of Nismo LM1s and have finally found some with 265 18 35 tyres. They are off an r33 gtr and have a r33 standard offset . I have flared MASA wings on the front with 235s at present which are nowhere near the outside of the wings

I have another stagea with 255s on the rear with a small spacer. so it looks like the wheels could fit

Anyone know the std offset of a R33 and what I would need to do to make the LM1s fit I am prepared to roll the rear arches if neede be.

R33 GTR wheels fit (SK has them on his S1), not sure on the 265 tyres as the 33GTR's are close and fill the guards well, the tyres might just tip the fitment over the edge.

Thanks

My main worry was the offset bring wrong. As I said front wings are MASA and flared out by about 35mm .

Rears may need 'rolling' but 255s fit so it should be ok if the offset is Ok .

I will let you know how they go on ( hopefully)

a mate is offereing some stock wheels off an is200 real cheap - stock 16 x (whatever is normal) 225/50/16's stagea wheel size but with a +45 offset. Any problem with this? - only thing i can guess is rubbing on the guards at full lock? - car is not lowered as yet but as soon as i have tax back i will be purchasing the whiteline bilstein kit.

Edited by captinsane

Assuming the stud pattern is the same (which I think would be the case), the problem youll have is with clearance if your offset is too high.

Trial fit the rims to check if they clear the suspension arms and brakes etc :)

Assuming the stud pattern is the same (which I think would be the case), the problem youll have is with clearance if your offset is too high.

Trial fit the rims to check if they clear the suspension arms and brakes etc :)

+1

Assuming the width stays the same, the higher the offset (higher number after +), the further it is going to sit into the guard. Most likely I'd imagine that you'll be fouling on some suspension components..

I have always wanted a set of Nismo LM1s and have finally found some with 265 18 35 tyres. They are off an r33 gtr and have a r33 standard offset . I have flared MASA wings on the front with 235s at present which are nowhere near the outside of the wings

I have another stagea with 255s on the rear with a small spacer. so it looks like the wheels could fit

Anyone know the std offset of a R33 and what I would need to do to make the LM1s fit I am prepared to roll the rear arches if neede be.

Are these the rims your meaning? This is my daily rs4, i think the stickers are still inside the rims, i could check if the offset is written on them if you like?

post-9420-1187139178_thumb.jpg

post-9420-1187139206_thumb.jpg

+1

Assuming the width stays the same, the higher the offset (higher number after +), the further it is going to sit into the guard. Most likely I'd imagine that you'll be fouling on some suspension components..

and the only way to solve that is with spacers - which are illegal?

cheers - thnks