SAU Community

Ecu Help Plz

rush33

Hey guys and girls.

Can some one please help or give some insight, im thinking of replacing my standard ecu with another standard Ecu that has been tuned to suit the usual mild mods (fmic, boost and exhaust) that will be carried out on my r33 within weeks.

Seems like a cheaper alternative than the endangered FC's. My questions are:

* is replacing the ecu as easy as unplug old and plug in the new?

* is the r33 computers the same in series 1 and 2?

* if the ecu is tuned to run 12psi and i run a safer 10psi, will it affect much?

Any help would be sweet!!

* is replacing the ecu as easy as unplug old and plug in the new?

* is the r33 computers the same in series 1 and 2?

* if the ecu is tuned to run 12psi and i run a safer 10psi, will it affect much?

Any help would be sweet!!

*1 yes

*2 dont know

*3 shouldnt think

how much is this ECU and there is the e-manage blue and ultimate to look @

The S1 and S2 ecus stock are different, having slightly different maps. OTHER then that they work, I have a central 20 ecu, which has been maped for 12 psi, FMIC, ect ect, and it made 207 rwKw at 12 pis and 217 at 14 psi, but it doe shave R&R tht high.

It just plug and play, but make sure you get it dyno tuned, as it will most likely be setup for high octane fuel, so you will need to back your cas off about 4 degrees.

Cheers for the help guys.

The ecu's are from melbourne and usaully cost between $300-400.

"Madaz" roughly how would a e-manage blue and ultimate cost and what advantages do they offer??

Do they just piggy back inot the stock ecu?

"WogsRus" it has been tuned to 98 octane so shouldnt really need doing, but what would a dyno tune cost?

As for it being suited for series 1 or 2 dont know yet, just says suited for r33 rbdet.

Cheers for the help guys.

The ecu's are from melbourne and usaully cost between $300-400.

"Madaz" roughly how would a e-manage blue and ultimate cost and what advantages do they offer??

Do they just piggy back inot the stock ecu?

"WogsRus" it has been tuned to 98 octane so shouldnt really need doing, but what would a dyno tune cost?

As for it being suited for series 1 or 2 dont know yet, just says suited for r33 rbdet.

hard to say a price if you buy local not much change from 1g then theres dyno time of around $400-$600 depending on tuner

e-Manage Ultimate

personally i lean towards getting mine off ebay when i decide on getting one this is personal preferance and dont advise you doing this unless you know what your doing

/edit

sorry its a piggy back system but also like the pfc it lets you adjust all paramiters of spark timing fuel fuel-cut boost cut and everything in between

Edited by Madaz

further from another thread

There are a few threads about this. It getting rather boring. Here are some facts!

1. 2 Types : Blue (Basic) and Ultimate (advanced)

2. Piggyback - Universal unit.

3. You require the std. harness (usually sold sep)

4. Injector Harness Avaliable (sold sep)

5. Ignition Harness Avaliable (sold sep)

6. Sofware and tools (sold sep) - not a big deal as the PFC tools are also!

5. Pressure Sensor and Pressure Harness for greater adjustment (sold sep) * Ultimate only I think

6. A whole bunch of other senders sold seperately also as u require. * Ultimate only I think

7. If you have an in-car computer maps can be displayed in real time. * Ultimate only I think

8. I have seen, but never used "plug and play" looms. Not hard real as all they do it ensure u dont need to splice however splicing isn't all that hard. I can tell u you have to splice a lot of cables and it does take a while...and a while to remove and restore the cables if you then go and install a PFC as I did. Link to a aftermarket harness links I googled : http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=130999.

Manual for the Ultimate version. Similar for the Blue version - See Page 27

http://207.245.32.243/downloads/installs/emau_inst.pdf

You add up the package from Nengun:

Ultimate Unit : $540 + ph

Complete Harness : $105 + ph

total for the until read for ur tuner = ~$650. - good price btw!

Installation. If some1 does it, few hours work. Prob $150-200.

Tuning cost...as with all others really.

Note : Software - Not sure if its included some packagaes do and some dont. $100 from Nengun.

I tuned the Blue version to ~287 rwkw a while back which I quoted before. But since then it appears the reading was high and dyno was re-cal'd. as questioned by a few people. Its more like 265 rwkw when i re-tuned with the PFC...

Thread Here

So does anyone think its worthwhile to spend the $300-400 on this ecu?

It basically has the speed limiter removed and the boost cut removed also and puts out another 55hp just by using this ecu.

It's through what i believe to be a respectable Japanese tuning HKS Workshop. I also queried this group about the series one and two issue and they said it is suited for both and been tested for both.

Please tell me your opinions?

my opinion is its not worth it

u said it costs between 300-400 lets say 350 as a nice round figure

WogsRus said you may want to take timing out of it still to which you will need an Apexi Neo or SAFC or both SAFC is around $400 also Neo is around $500 both units singularly don't give you the power you need to tweak all the setting you need like the e-Manage does

i think Neo does timing and SAFC does fuel

Edited by Madaz

Thanks for all the info fellas, didnt end up getting the ecu, ended up going for a lot more than i expected. $500+

They have had alot of interest lately and maybe not as bad as what everyone thinks, i personally dont know enough about them.

Just read ur hills incident post madaz, not good to hear man but yeah as ppl have sed could be alot worse, lucky in that respect!

lol yeah ill just have to rush out and get a cooler instead!

I know its off the ecu subject, but speaking of coolers what is better having the piper work run over the top of the engine or having the under pipe running back to the standard piping, this seems easier but also seems longer??

ps for a 33

Yeah as u said having a ic that uses the stock piping positions would probably use a bit more piping so it would be less responsive, the only real advantage of that setup is it would be easier to install but it also costs alot more

Ive personally bought a kit from just jap because there really cheap and people on here of had some really good results with them only prob is there an arse to install

So it really depends on how much your willing to pay for a ic in the end :)

I pesronally like the over pipe, looks beta and yeah less piping, im guessing a hole will have to be cut somewhere tho hey to get around the radiator?

Thats right you will need to get a Hole Saw and cut a hole so the piping can go through one of the supports i have a installation manual for a Hybrid IC if you want i can send it to you it would be pretty much the same as installing a just jap or any other Hybrid style kit....

Just a question, might sound stupid. Can i put a FMI and upgrade my fuel pump with a stock ecu? i dont think i can but i wanna make sure, and if so wot ecu do u recommend for a R33 s1.5 1995