SAU Community

Permits for mods

SHUTO-BOY

Originally posted by GTS-t VSPEC

Steve, We spoke to Reno at Welshpool, he sets all the rules, and he said they were legal:D It's just the same as echausts, if there too loud thenyou can get a yellow for them:D

Thats funny that pits nite the other week Reno said BOV's are legal only if they DONT vent to the atmosphere. same with oil catch cans

and dosnt matter how big ya zaust is as long as it reads lower than the db level for that particular car and year and isnt lower than 100mm of the ground and dosnt interfere with the effiency of the cat convertor ie cat heats up to the correct temp so to burn nox gasses....

LOL .... sounds like a case of chinese whispers and MIS-INTERPRETATION .....

Seeing as Reno as being quoted now as saying TWO different things.

Would this be anything like what me and Mayhem are saying ........

lol @ butters...

thats why i went to the info night.. to stop chinese whispers!! looks like it'll always be around!! :)

apart from all this - i wouldn't bother with permits until you get done.. reno himself said if we don't know about it or don't notice it - why tell us.. tho in not so many words.. :)

Hhahahah, yeah its not like it costs us 50 dollars or something for one visit and then 30 dollars for the next, let them pull you over and yellow sticker you, cause hey its all free, and we all have time to do it. Stupid tossers, just keep your car standard, its where the action is.

RB20 - it won't cost you the $50 if the yellow isn't warranted. If they can't fault the car when you take it to the pits they don't charge you and notify the offending police officer of his incorrect application of the yellow sticker...

Well thats what he said anyways..

If i ever get stickered for my BOV ill just stick my standard one back on again, take it down the pits, get the yellow off, put turboXs bov back on (because its quieter anyway) and keep driving the streets.

It may vent to atmosphere, but at least it doesnt go "whoosh" with every miniscule movement of the acellerator pedal.... its got mitsubishi symbol on the side of the stock bov, maybe its that :D

Red17

• 1 year later...
Aidwin, Speak to Reno, he'll tell you straight what all the rules are regarding permits, he's in Welshpool:D

dont talk to reno he is a **** head well if its the one im think about anyways runs St. James auto trader..... aka. moores on the corners of sheperton hwy almany highway and welshpool my bov and exhaust almost got me a yellow the other day he sold me the damb car wiht out permits for the RB20 (180sx) in it the HKS BOV or the exhaust cops wanted to have a look under the hood had to say i just picked up ther car then they turned and said well didnt he give you the permits and i said no he said i didnt need em which is y im tryin to get reno to fork over the mony to fix it all and on top of all of that the engine in the 180 i bought is ****ed and if the engine isnt permited to that car and he has to replace it does he have the choice to replace it wiht the CA18 that was in it in the 1st place (originialy)

dont talk to reno   he is a **** head      well if its the one im think about anyways    runs St. James auto trader..... aka. moores     on the corners of sheperton hwy almany highway and welshpool      my bov and exhaust almost got me a yellow the other day    he sold me the damb car wiht out permits for the RB20 (180sx) in it   the HKS BOV or the exhaust    cops wanted to have a look under the hood had to say i just picked up ther car  then they turned and said well didnt he give you the permits   and i said no he said i didnt need em      which is y im tryin to get reno to fork over the mony to fix it all  and on top of all of that the engine in the 180 i bought is ****ed and if the engine isnt permited to that car and he has to replace it does he have the choice to replace it wiht the CA18 that was in it in the 1st place (originialy)

Seeing as you have no idea who your talking about best you be quiet.

Reno Marchesi is head of Welshpool licensing.

i got permits for everything on my silvia - fitment of RB25 turbo 6cyl, 17"x7" rims (had to produce speedo calib test), "silent operation BOV", Exhaust cant be louder than 90db, FMIC, and i think thats it

will double check my permit sheet when i leave work