SAU Community

2007 Motogp Season

Paradizzle

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rossi didnt hand him the win 2 races ago... he was catching him, made a mistake then dropped way down. They said tyres were the culprit. So Even if Rossie caught Stoner and passed him, i dont think his tyres would have lasted anyways.

So many races come down to a final pass on the last corner or so. Great to see Stoner get such a good start, just hope the Ducati's can keep it up and not loose the pace they have shown on the European circuits.

From what I understand it is only the genius of Rossi that is keeping that bike anywhere near the front......but I don't know where his teammates are coming or anything about bikes really.....

Good to see another Aussie doing well on the world stage!

lol, yer last season he was consitent (Hayden)... i dont like him as much as the next guy, he did well even though he didnt win many races to be up there.

This year his bike is terrible.

Jerez

rossi - 1

edwards - 3

the sphincter of the universe

rossi - 10

edwards - 19

China

rossi - 2

edwards - 11

He's making a mockery of his team mate

I thought that might be the case, it is rare that someone of his calibre comes along. Every rider in MotoGP is no doubt an amazing rider and can ride a bike on the limit, yet he has that ability to get that extra 2 or 3 tenths a lap out of a bike. He is up there with Senna in that respect.

Rossi is already feeling the pressure. that "banzai" move he made on Stoner with 6 laps to go was just silly. he was a little closer than he had been previously at the end of the straight, so he tried to force Stoner wide by braking late and hoping that he would follow him wide into the corner, but Stoner just kept his head and held his line.... Brilliant!

Well Rossi wasn't going to overtake stoner anywhere else on the track so he had to try. Stoner has ridden every race this year practicially perfect (except for the 2nd round) so there was no point in Rossi waiting for him to make a mistake.

In 2 weeks though they head back to europe for most of the season so rossi usually shines over there. I think the yamaha is looking better in the corners and under brakes, it's just straight line speed they are missing.

Hayden was lucky to win last seasons. If you only win 2 races you don't deserve to be world champion.

Also edwards has always been mid pack for the past 5 seasons. So i don't see why people are talking about that. I think he has the ability to win races, i just don't think he wants it as bad now. He's a bit older than most,s got a wife and kids, and more money then he will ever need. So there's no point in pushing it.

Hayden was lucky to win last seasons. If you only win 2 races you don't deserve to be world champion.

agree with the rest of your post... but don’t know about that statement.. i have heard it so many times from die hard Rossi fans. Although i think it takes away from winning the world championship if you only win 2 races, but being consistent is the key and he was up there or there abouts enough times in most races. No good winning 4 races then being retarded in others. He performed well most races, but didnt go onto really 'out shine' everyone. Most riders were not consistent, they had good races where they win, then the next 3 weeks they dont even finish top 10.

So i still think he deserved to win, as annoying as Hayden is.

Quali times

1 YAMAHA Colin EDWARDS USA 1'33.616

2 DUCATI Casey STONER AUS 1'33.710

3 HONDA Carlos CHECA SPA 1'33.859

4 YAMAHA Valentino ROSSI ITA 1'33.875

5 SUZUKI John HOPKINS USA 1'34.102

6 HONDA Toni ELIAS SPA 1'34.125

7 HONDA Nicky HAYDEN USA 1'34.247

8 KAWASAKI DE PUNIET FRA 1'34.318

9 HONDA Marco MELANDRI ITA 1'34.360

10 HONDA Dani PEDROSA SPA 1'34.412

Stoner 2nd, hopefully another podium place for him!!

Vermeulan FTW

Stoner third in a wierd race. Very exciting stuff, the rain sorts out the shit kickers that for sure. And once again to my utter delight Hayden took a stack and fell further away from the leaders. Stoner now with a comfortable cushion in the championship.

Edited by ctjet

Vermeulan f**k yeah!! Stoner P3, awesome. Was a great race to watch, bikes sideways are crazy!! Dont know what happened to Rossi, normally he love those conditions.. id be guessing tyre related...

All in all was a great result and good race to watch. Stoner has a whole race win advantage over Rossi now.

good to see stoner mixing it up on the tight and technical circuits where his straightline speed is of no advantage.

And what happened to edwards??? P1 on the grid and into the first corner he was out of the top 10!

Good to see things are getting back to normal in the premier bike class. AUSSIE DOMINATION.

Winning races and leading world championships. :teehee: to rest of world

Congrats to Chris and Casey