SAU Community

Ecu Remap

hi, i have a huge problem with my skyline where it continues to cut all power once i hit a certain boost level. im not talking about alot of boost either like 12-13 perhapes. anyways with my previous swift gti i bought a remap ecu chip which soldered onto my factory ecu and it worked wonders. better fuel, heaps zippier and allowed it to rev 8600.

i really dont wanna go out and buy a PwrFC for $1500 off ebay, then tune it, etc. i was wondering if you guys think this would actually (a) solve my problem and, (b) increase some more pwr out of the car.

im just not sure what another option is. im sitting on 160rwkw at 12psi cause of the cut off :thumbsup: plus i dont think my engine likes it this way.

heres one similar to what i bought on my swift: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/R32-Skyline-ECU-Sta...bayphotohosting

a re-map will help,

the power cut you get could be caused by spark plug gaps, i think stock they are 1.1mm so drop them to .8mm, the spark plugs themselves could be wrong or on there way out, could also be a dodgy coil pack, they are the simple things to look at first.

yeh got nice .8mm NGK sparks and some splitfire coils replaced less than 10k ago. i got the feeling its the built in boost cut. see how it goes hey.