SAU Community

Link G4X ECU R33 GTS-T

thkyline

So, its been about a year since i bought it and i was thinking about getting a new ECU for the car i figured that there's too many restrictions to the old one unless you get a Nistune but i didn't really trust the Nistune to keep a 30yr old engine from detonating (i could be wrong but i was also trying to justify getting the Link).

its running a factory auto box so there's not a whole lot you can do to it other than running a piggy-back type set up, i had my eyes set on a link G4X but i didn't want to waste the potential of such a good ECU on a piggy back especially if it still has to run the stock Mass Air Flow Sensor.

After a fair bit of research and contemplating getting a turbo 400 box or even an 8hp zf box i went the cheaper option and put in a full manual valve body figuring i could get the stand alone G4X to work with this.

Stock MAFS was the first thing to be cored out, new XSpurt 1000cc Injectors Installed with an Aeroflow Fuel Pressure Regulator, Manual valve body installed, New 3076 turbo installed, De-cat and a few other bits and pieces.

Sure enough the stand alone Link G4X worked really well with all of the mods. The skyline runs so smooth and it definitely gets up to boogie when it needs to, such a fun car to drive now with no flat spots and what i think is a near perfect tune.

its running about 19psi boost but i might increase to 21psi down the line when i get the intercooler pipes welded as it keeps blowing off the silicone hose connectors.

...and a wrap over the old flaky paint because i couldn't be bothered doing a full respray just yet :)

IMG_9210.JPG

IMG_9209.JPG

IMG_7913.JPG

IMG_7911.JPG

Just the cheapy ones from autobarn, the original pipes have the lip on them but the other ones that dont have the lip are where the issue is with them blowing off, to be fair its probably from not tightening them too much because i dont want to strip the threads which i've done a few times already.

which brand do you use? also, ive been told that ive theres too many tight bend in the pipes it can create turbulence so i sort of wanted to get a nice even curve to all the lines. whats your thoughts?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Thanks for all the replies! I also wanted to ask if wheels that were fitted on Ford Falcons would fit the 350GTs as well? In the area I'm at there aren't that many options for secondhand wheels and new ones here are way out of my budget. From what I've seen, most of the wheels that are available that were fitted on Ford Falcons have an offset of +33 to +36, with a centre bore of 70.5mm whereas the stock 350GT's ones are 66mm, can't seem to find any hubcentric rings that fit that difference though. 
    • 215/45/18 tyres are probably a little on the low side compared to the factory tyre, it should be closer to a 245/45/19, which will get you about an extra 11mm of height, and should make you speedo read a bit closer to reality. 245/45/19s will be a bit too far the other way and you risk a speeding ticket as your speedo might read slower than your actual speed.  245/40/19s would be correct if you are going to 19in rims, they will give you a similar total diameter to the 245/45/18 tyres.  
    • That's something I forgot to put in my list. The aggressive anti-squat in R32 is a f**king menace. I still need to decide if I'm going to drag the subframe out of my car and weld in the GKTech corrector kit. The main reason to dither is the need to switch to spherical joints in the lower arm to account for the twist induced in the rear pivot caused by lowering the front pivot. And yes...we do put better subframes in R32s, and I wish I'd gotten an S14 one instead of an A31 when I did the "take off and nuke it from orbit" HICAS delete all those years ago.
    • I have been looking at some setting on the alarms for the Q60 and what buttons do and so and also been looking for details on the alarm in my V37 which is a standard issue with the car. settings like window roll up and a few others seem to not work at all. i cant seem to find exact info on V37 alarms so Q60 is all i can really go off i have not tried 400Z alarm settings or info yet so that will be next. any one got like a sheet of info on the alarm system in the V37 as all my documents are in japanese but i thought the system would basically be like standard through similar models? 
    • I had a fuel smell coming from the drivers rear and pulled the tank out to inspect where it was coming from, turns out the breather hose from the tank to the filler neck was perished. I’m going to Japan next week and I’ll grab it while I’m there  pulled the oil tank apart and started cleaning this crap out of it, some brake cleaner and rags got it looking new again