SAU Community

Pushing pistons back on the Rear calipers---Please Confrim

I use to own a s13 silvia, I rember that u had to screw the callipers on the back 2 brakes. I think to screw them in u screw them clockwise. I used a pair of long nosed plyers to do this, Had to be carefull of the rubber boot. Not sure what the skylines have for their back brakes setup, have not pulled my back wheels of yet. They sure will be a different type but may work the same, i'd imagine. check If there are to little notches on oppisite sides of the calliper. Cus that's what i used to screw the calliper back on the s13.

Its nearly 12 months since I did them on mine, and I'm pretty sure I just pushed the pistons back in.

The Skylines use a 2-pot caliper on the rear - how would you get the appropriate tool onto the piston if you had to screw it back in?

ok guys im with you now, because its a 2 pot caliper set up they have to push in. the reason i said screwed in was all the other cars i have done the rears screwed in but then i thought all the others where single piston!!!!

Actually, belly_up is probably closer - only those calipers that incorporate the handbrake have the screw-in type piston. My R30 has screw-in piston, Peugot 504 has screw-in piston. Both are single-pot, but both incorporate the handbrake into the caliper.