SAU Community

Low Beams Dim

Hey all,

Went for a WOF and failed on my Low Beams being too dim.

I have new bulbs.

Any advice?

Thanks

if thats all thats required then get the best bulbs you can that are legal, the problem is the reflective surface in side the head light gets "not so reflective" over time, if you can get into the head lights you can get then re-chromed?? buy a set from a wrecker and have a go...

Edited by rsx84

a guy did it (re-chrome) on a jap HR30 site..... i cant find it as it was on my old work place's PC

it was a good site too! the dude did a twin front light conversion in the end, along with VG30 turb on a L20et....

a guy did it (re-chrome) on a jap HR30 site..... i cant find it as it was on my old work place's PC

it was a good site too! the dude did a twin front light conversion in the end, along with VG30 turb on a L20et....

i know exactly the site you mean, this one right : http://www.aurora.dti.ne.jp/~joinme/pages/...orreplating.htm

i dont get how get rechromes them? anyone know? i managed to pick 2 mint condition lights up for $90 each (they are VERY VERY hard to find here)

I did translater the page but it made little sense, I guess I could pull apart my headlights taht are failing wof and take out the reflectors and get them rechromed at a chrome plater?

Edited by george.bryant

yeh thats the page....

i used the altavista translator and it did a pretty good job!

i guess thats how you would need to do it....

call a few places and see what they reckon... im sure you wont be the 1st to need lights done!!

just use yellowpages or similar.....

if you get really stuck, the lights from the early 80's pulsar can be made to fit.... but you will need a 'iron mask' derivative filler panel.... pulsar lights are cheap as chips too ( "...fush n chupps..." for you bro!!)

More lilely your wiring is the culprit. After 25 odd years of neglect, most wiring systems are starting to get past their use by date.

i've rewired plenty of factory headlight assemblies with relays and heavier wiring, and this usually bring sthe lights back to their former glory.

After that, you can start playing around with higher wattage bulbs and new reflectors.