SAU Community

Drifting With Hicas

horses for courses

quite a few people like drifting here, Im one of them!

Its peoples choice hey - remember the main part of the thread is to find out the guys in 33's who have the lock bar, not bag drifting

If drifting isnt your pick of the bunch - cool! good for you!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah nah i was just trying my whore hat on in the general forum, seeing if i could start somewhat a flamewar =P

i'll just be in the wasteland if anyone needs me

for the record i think drifting is when left to the proffessional drifters with nice looking cars but i just hate when some retard with his uncle's kingswood tries it to prove a point...

...just crap car in general... looks crap.... *Whoring*

You know why? I'll tell you why...

...it's because your car was not made to slide sideways.

If car manufacturers wanted your car to drive like a crab with downe syndrome then they would have attached trolley wheels or made it a hovercraft.

There is a reason that skylines have the battery located in the boot, it's to cause balance and weight distribution to create a nice handling car.

There is a reason that HICAS is there. it's to STOP your car from going sideways, it's called a safety feature

Am I the only person who thinks drifting is kinda gay and destructive to cars? it's slower than driving straight, and it costs a lot more.

what's the next craze to take off to destroy your automotive investment? driving head first into a brick wall?

fast and furious brick wall

...I can see it now... "whoa dude did you just see that pro jap driver slam into that brick wall?"

" yeah man, he's really talented, he's really progressing the nature of this art."

isn't there an anti drifting forum you could join?

You know why? I'll tell you why...

...it's because your car was not made to slide sideways.

If car manufacturers wanted your car to drive like a crab with downe syndrome then they would have attached trolley wheels or made it a hovercraft.

There is a reason that skylines have the battery located in the boot, it's to cause balance and weight distribution to create a nice handling car.

There is a reason that HICAS is there. it's to STOP your car from going sideways, it's called a safety feature

Am I the only person who thinks drifting is kinda gay and destructive to cars? it's slower than driving straight, and it costs a lot more.

what's the next craze to take off to destroy your automotive investment? driving head first into a brick wall?

fast and furious brick wall

...I can see it now... "whoa dude did you just see that pro jap driver slam into that brick wall?"

" yeah man, he's really talented, he's really progressing the nature of this art."

Haha, you've got a cefiro and you don't slide it... you must be one of a kind.

How does HICAS 'STOP' over steer, it's impossible for a device with 1 degree of movement to eliminate over steer. All it does is smooth out corners for the average shit driver. While I had the HICAS in my car it was unstable a high speed (100km/h on highway), would wiggle around when coming over a crest, when cornering hard it would unpredictably snap into oversteer when I didn't want it to and generally just made the car feel less direct to drive.

The idea of four-wheel steer is good but HICAS simply doesn't work and is no where near developed enough, especially the earlier Hydraulic versions.

Edited by BAMR33

Hey Guys,

Sorry to butt in,

Haven't had much experience with HICAS and don't drive my car frequently enough to experience it's downfalls.

But what is the max amount of turn that HICAS alters on the 34? or 33? I'm guessing it would be the same.

Cheers

Josh

i'm really just bored at work trying to start a flame war...

yeah i actually hate hicas it cuases nothing but problems...

and yes i don't slide it i like to keep a nice cruiser

ahh you just have to work harder with it. makes you a better drifter.

i didnt get around to a lock bar in mine, pinapples really helped though.

cheers

Linton

and yes i don't slide it i like to keep a nice cruiser

well youve bought the wrong car for a nice cruiser to start with, get a fairmont giah, if drifting not ur thing so be it, anyone can cruise around and pretend they know how to drive but not many people can actually drive properly on the track or drift for that matter.

back to the topic yeah prefer a lock bar any day, even if you look at circuit cars like for eg Jimmy Richards R32 Bathurst GTR he got rid of it aswell as he prefered the driver to control the car, not the car controlling the car. Whether its circuit/drift get a lock bar and feel the difference.

Edited by drf76

Mr Eps...

I suggest you buy a VL executive, put a drop tank on it & rear/side venecian blinds and join calaisturbo.com if ur not into drifting....

Drifting is the BEST thing you could possibly do in a jap car.. IF u can do it...

Let me know how u go looking for the venecians... :kiss:

Drifting is the BEST thing you could possibly do in a jap car.. IF u can do it...

Drifting = tarmac rallying but only slower and with less skill :laughing-smiley-014:

alf watch hot version atopolis round 06 and ull c 120mph into corners SIDEWAYS!!!! kthnx ken nomura URAS

dean i drift my 33 (well drifted) with the fuse out, feels alright, rob took it fo ra drive and liked it, but id much rather the lock bar... makes it like anths 180 a bit more haha

LTHRB try actually doing it urself, then try it on dirt.

I've been involved in rally for over 10 years, this so called drift is just a spin off from rally.

60km/h into a corner is good enough for me :kiss:

the speed of rally drivers is balls of steel... then they go off a cliff and they still want more

another stupidly outragous sport is the pikes peak hillclimb, iv seen a few pics from that, and 1 wrong move its goodnight and off a cliff