SAU Community

Engine Management System's

go autronic mate. You wont regret it. SM4 all the way.

Just a side note, does anyone know if the actual knock unit is available yet. Cause when i got my sm4 the anti knock unit wasnt actually out yet and that was about 3-4 months ago.

Hi TomTomTuning , I'm a little curious what it is that falls short in your opinion of the Power FC . I'm not trying to change your mind but I'm wondering if theres something the PFC can't do or is a mass airflow metre thing .

BTW guys , very interesting to hear that the Autronic SM4 can use a hotwire or mass air sensor as the load sensing device .

If Aubers (sp ?) mob has got the circuitry in that ECU to suit a wide range of MAF sensors then thats a big plus . If I had to go stand alone and the SM4 can do it that would be my choice . The other thing I think is important is to be able to READ properly the Nissan 360 degree optical crank angle sensor . I don't accept the idea that have an approaching TDC reference pulse and 6 slots (1 for each cylinder) is acceptable nowdays .

I did speak to Justin when he worked for EFI Technology (Haltech) and they were working towards their box talking directly to the Nissan 360 deg optucal sensor type CAS . When the Autronic can do it and use MAF sensing and do sequential injection and drive 6 coils I'd consider it .

For what I want which is road and possibly a few track days eventually the PFC has me covered . The Nismo 550cc injectors I have and Z32/Q45 MAFS are an easy upgrade for me .

Full Race Geoff tells me that the Apexi tuning software is fantastic and behind several million others I'd like it too - in English .

Interesting discussion , cheers A .

Hi TomTomTuning , I'm a little curious what it is that falls short in your opinion of the Power FC . I'm not trying to change your mind but I'm wondering if theres something the PFC can't do or is a mass airflow metre thing .

BTW guys , very interesting to hear that the Autronic SM4 can use a hotwire or mass air sensor as the load sensing device .

If Aubers (sp ?) mob has got the circuitry in that ECU to suit a wide range of MAF sensors then thats a big plus . If I had to go stand alone and the SM4 can do it that would be my choice . The other thing I think is important is to be able to READ properly the Nissan 360 degree optical crank angle sensor . I don't accept the idea that have an approaching TDC reference pulse and 6 slots (1 for each cylinder) is acceptable nowdays .

I did speak to Justin when he worked for EFI Technology (Haltech) and they were working towards their box talking directly to the Nissan 360 deg optucal sensor type CAS . When the Autronic can do it and use MAF sensing and do sequential injection and drive 6 coils I'd consider it .

For what I want which is road and possibly a few track days eventually the PFC has me covered . The Nismo 550cc injectors I have and Z32/Q45 MAFS are an easy upgrade for me .

Full Race Geoff tells me that the Apexi tuning software is fantastic and behind several million others I'd like it too - in English .

Interesting discussion , cheers A .

Nothing against the PFC at all.

I was always interested in doing a flying lead harrness to get rid of alot of the wiring mess.

And the PFC is a little harder to come across now adays.

I am also not sure if a Z32 MAF will support the power i plan on making.

I have a spare block i am building up, and plan on putting that in the car soon.

Thats why i was looking at haltech/autronics.

My car will also be Street/drag, i also have spoken to Geoff a couple times and he swears up and down by the AEM EMS...

You probably know that the Q45 MAF is another larger option for the PFC over the Z32 MAF .

As a long shot JWT was good at cracking Nissan ECU's and using the Cobra MAF as an option but I'm not sure if Jim has a real time interface for factory ECU's .

I've never found the time to look int AEM's EMS and the next (if I can find the time) will be the Mega Squirt but again if it locks you into a MAP sensor I don't want to know .

I did have a quick glance at Autronic's site and I'm pretty sure the SM4 is a map based system so no good to me . Sorry for being so one eyed but IMO the Mass Air Sensor takes so much of the correction work (air temp/mass/density) out of tuning aftermarket computers that its not funny .

Thoughts , cheers A .

Reading on the uk gtr forums, a few guys running the AEM EMS were having timing issues with the std CAS i.e timing was fluctuating ~1deg up in the rev range. They overcame this by using a trigger disk missing tooth setup on the crank.

I'm trying to source someone in brisbane who is running this type of setup (with the autronic SM4), i rang tuned a week back and they said they knew of 1 guy who was running one on his gtr, but im yet to hear back. Ideally i'd like to run a crank/flywheel trigger disk, and use the CAS as a reference.

Food for thought :w00t:

There is another system i have been looking at. Its called VEMS

It originated from megasquirt. but alot better now.

it uses a modified version of Megatune.

http://www.vems.co.uk/

But i dont wanna cheap out when it comes to an EMS.

Haltech E11v2

Autronics SM4

Motec M600

MicroTech LTX12s

Any one better then othe other?

Edited by tomtomtuning

I decided on the Haltech E11v2, I should be ordering it next week.

dont do it, i have a E11v2 and wouldnt use another one if haltech paid me too.

get an autronic or motec and be done with it.

Out of curiosity what didn't you like about the E11 V2 . I found that the software couldn't quite achieve what some features of the Autronic SMC I used could but my last Haltech was an E6 which is going back a fair bit .

So much of how well engine management works depends on how well its load sensing device can signal whats going on inlet air wise , and in an age where inlet manifolds are being designed to suit air feed requirements pressure fluctuations IMO aren't a good indication of airflow through the system .

You thoughts on the E11 ? Cheers Adrian .