SAU Community

Diy Fibreglass Airbox

bj_dove

hey guys i dont want to seem like im jumping on your thread and selling my parts,

but we already have airbox's made up for the skylines, in fibreglass and carbon fibre.

we also are about to finish of a new design of airboxs that use the standard snokel.

also, for those members who want to design there own in fibreglass, but are having trouble with where to get the materials dont be affraid to ask me, i can supply you with everythying you need or i can send you to supplier's close to you or in your state.

if you guys have any questions at all or are having trouble and need to know where you are going wrong, just let me know.

You mean like this one (like on suitcases and tradies tool boxes)? Latch Pic

Yep thats the style but the one Im looking at dont have the lock in the center bit. Just making enquiries at the moment to get them anodized in black

Here is a couple of pics of the fully enclosed prototype that I am making. This version is for the R33 without a front mount intercooler only. My pod filter is an M's pod which is one of the biggest on the mmrket so the box should fit pretty mucvh any pod filter.

I have not made the lid for it yet but you can see that with a lid, it will be fully enclosed and even uses the factory screws to mount it - (one at the top of the box, and one down the bottom (which you can't see in the photo).

Box without pod

Box with pod

Nice bit of fiberglassing Dude !

I got pics of mine as well now fitted up so you guys can get an idear but dont know how to post em up ! Send me an e-mail to [email protected] and I'll forward them to you.

Be warned though they are high resolution shots and 5 of em total about 12 MB so make sure youve got plenty of space !

Here is a couple of pics of the fully enclosed prototype that I am making. This version is for the R33 without a front mount intercooler only. My pod filter is an M's pod which is one of the biggest on the mmrket so the box should fit pretty mucvh any pod filter.

I have not made the lid for it yet but you can see that with a lid, it will be fully enclosed and even uses the factory screws to mount it - (one at the top of the box, and one down the bottom (which you can't see in the photo).

Box without pod

Box with pod

Looks the goods Alan :P

OK - I've now finished the lid for the box. The design is complete but there is lots of sanding and final prep work for painting to do, plus cut hole for CAI and glass in a bracket for the boost controller solenoid.

Complete with lid

Complete with lid (front view) - Yes the bonnet does close with approx 15-20mm clearance

I hope this gives you guys/gals some ideas if you want to go the DIY way. This has taken me a long time so far however - I reckon about 20+ hours. For those not prepared to make one themselves, I intend of having this design for sale in about 3-4 months.

THIS IS THE R33 VERSION.

post-27746-1184201607_thumb.jpg

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/2053/300zx001vn2.jpg

R32 GTS-T AND GTR AVALIABLE ALSO.

AVAILIABLE IN CARBON FIBRE AND FIBREGLASS.

Got a pic and price for r32 GTR one? Any pics also, as i'm interested to see how it bolts in and how it accomodates for the pods and and factory CAI.

Cheers :laugh:

Edited by Jpowys