SAU Community

Speeding Ticket :(

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R31 Nismoid, if he didn't have a radar then he can't prove you were speeding and you can probably get out of it?

silverskyline, yeah i agree with the adrenalin point, only this time i was just speeding a bit coz i was late, didn't feel like i had fun incurring those points :D hehe

Carlo, i agree the only thing to do is move on. Still got plenty of points left and have learnt a little lesson i suppose (for a while) :P

I've seen about 7 cop cars in my area now since I got booked, hehe

yeah dude.. its the way to go. I lost half my license early last year, and was pissed but then my mate tex said to me.. "carlo you where speeding...." so yeah I knew the rules, I broke them I had to pay the fine, whilst I might not like the rules at times you have to live with them.

My recent battle with a parking fine.. now thats another story.. heh

Maybe we should all get radar detectors...... at least that will even out the odds..... take some of the advantage away that the cops have over us all. Are radar detectors illegal or defectable???

does any 1 know if the pi....... ahh cops have a radar dector dector??? :D

Originally posted by V-meister

R31 Nismoid, if he didn't have a radar then he can't prove you were speeding and you can probably get out of it?

Unfortunately in Victoria they don't need a radar to book you.

They can still book you for speeding if they follow you at a certain speed over a certain distance. :D

if its an experienced officer, then he can make his estimate stick, but if you got an estimate off a rookie, it may hold up in court... then again... its not worth goin to court over...

I just got done for not indicating when turning after a coppa tried to bait me into admitting to going 25k's over the limit. He claimed he did 133km/h to catch up to me in the space of a city block, which is roughly about 100m. We were both at the traffic lights, I turned and he was on the red. After asking him if he drove a Holden or a McLaren F1, I politely told him "I'm sorry sir, I'll have to disagree with you on that one" and he goes "maybe 60?" To which I go... "no I dun think so.. do you have conclusive proof?". He then threatened to book me so bad I had to walk home, at which point I told him that it is his civic duty to give me a ride home, and that the police was liable for anything that happened to me as a result of that and the costs incurred.

So his partner calls him back to the car, and they come back 10 mins later and booked me for not indicating... the dix.

I can take it to court, but its not worth it. I probably won't win anyways.

I have a family friend who appeals every time he gets caught using his 'clean record'... he's been pulled over about 10 times now.

Sorry, but done is done- pay the fine and decide if the circumstances justify the fine next time you decide to speed.

It's really weird. I've been driving/speeding for about 8 years now, pulled over about 4 times, yet every time the cops let me off. I've got no idea why either. 1 time was in my old Lancer, but 3 times in my Skyline (which is pure cop bait) and they still let me go.

Anyway, I'd say try and fight it to keep your perfect record. I've still got mine and if (when) I get done, I'll try and use the 8 years of driving and no offences excuse.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael, that's lucky that they've never booked you. One of my friends has been pulled over exactly 20 times (as of last week) and fined only twice! One of those fines was from a camera in the tunnel though. They never seem to get him on radar so he always denies speeding and gets let off. I've written a letter in hope of maintaining my record, but I'm not expecting anything. As you said, there's no harm in trying :rolleyes:

Btw, what are you doing up in Boston? What's it like to drive over there?

2/20 times?! Damn that's insane. Good for him I say :rolleyes:

I'm working here (web dev stuff). I'll be moving on to Canada soon to do the same stuff actually. It's pretty nice here, but no Skylines, just really ordinary cars. I honestly don't like too many of the cars they've got here. I haven't driven here yet, but I'm getting driving lessons soon just to see how it feels to drive a LHD car.

Guest Chris_thedr

yeah they're illegal - big fine, like about a grand I think, and they do have radar detector detector's. They will fine you and confiscate the radar detector even if it is off at the time. My mate got done a few years ago - he reckons it was off at the time, but I'm not sure how the cops knew he had one. He did get done though. :rolleyes:

Why cant people just cop the fines? If you get busted doing 72 in a 50 zone you should get a fine really. I have been fined for speeding a fair few times and although everytime i was pissed off about it i know i was in the wrong and just paid up.

Having said that though generally if you have a good record and you can find a lawyer you know or something that will write a letter for you there is a pretty good chance you will get off on apeal. A lawyer knows how to put some good legal arguments into it as emotive arguments dont stand for anything in court about a traffic fine.

As mentioned, the fine is being paid, and there's no denying responsibility. Just merely venting the breach of a clean record is all, amongst fellow enthusiasts. In terms of appealing, it is just a matter of writing a letter and trying your luck (why not hey?). Taking it to court would be silly as I know I was in the wrong and I'm not THAT annoyed, just thought I'd try my luck before I paid it as there's nothing to lose. I would imagine the first fine is the most disappointing but in the end, speeding is illegal, there's no denying where the responsibility lies.