SAU Community

R34 Factory Boost Gauage...

Hi all,

I want to get an after market boost gauge for my car but i dont want to mount it anywhere on the dash nor the pillar.....

so i was wondering if it is possible to take out the factory boost gauge and put an after market one in there..??

anyone done this??

i'd love to see some pics.......

Cheers.

yeh u can defiantly do that, theres a DIY article in a recent auto salon mag.........or was it HPI.....i dunno.

basically u just rip out the old one and stick in the new one, and run leads through ur car.

ull properly notice that after market gauges are alot bigger aswell so u might have to carve ur existing gauge pillar a lil

Interesting...... thanks dude.

I'd still love to see some pics if anyone has done this....

also, how recently was it in a magazine??

If anyone knows which one, if its still out so i can buy it, or if anyone has it and can scan it and pop it on here somehow i'd really appreciate it....

cheers!! :O

here ya go buddy, hope this helps!!!!

dsc00007dr9.th.jpg

dsc00008ih0.th.jpg

It's in this month's Hot4s... we did it for the editor >_< Look for the mag with the Mirage on the front I think :laugh:

its issue 152, the cover is of the pink R34 with 20" cromies (its actually a 33 but u cant tell from the front cover)

nice work satanic good joB!

here ya go buddy, hope this helps!!!!

dsc00007dr9.th.jpg

dsc00008ih0.th.jpg

its issue 152, the cover is of the pink R34 with 20" cromies (its actually a 33 but u cant tell from the front cover)

nice work satanic good joB!

so is that hot 4s like u thought or something ells

PS. I found that if you make up a bracket to hold all three gauges BEHIND the plastic cover that you should be able to keep them inside the cover, and hence still very stelth.

Those Blitz gauges look so good..

Damn they look hot! Would they be 52mm or 60mm gauges? Hard to tell if they are flush or sitting out from the pics (a bit dark).

Getting a 34GT-T this week, thinking I might try this as one of my first projects over the next month :thumbsup:

post-29425-1180964073_thumb.jpg

I went with a stock like fitting.

52 mm guages bought from just jap.

The guys that installed them for me made a custom backing plate to fit the guages to the guage pod properly.

If I could do it again I wouldn't have chosen a smoked face guage as they are a little hard to see during the day, but at night they look so good :cool:

Thanks Yo-Yo, they look pretty good. I was keen on getting the 60mm saber gauges but just not sure how they would look fitted in there as compared to the 52mm ones. Anyone got pics of 60mm gauges fitted in the cluster?

EDIT: My bad saw some of the pics above of the DEFIs installed and im guessing they are 60mm ones. They look a bit funny sticking out of the cluster though...

Edited by Suj