SAU Community

M35 Ar-x Four Finally Got It

ausis

see iff this works slightly down sized

well great to see it up close :woot: look`s great karl done ;) a great job.great to meet you & miss`es.good to see you out & about showing off ;)

;);):bunny::bunny::bunny: LOOKING forward to seeing a BIT more MN35 cruise the STREET`S :cool: .WELL DONE DUDE. :)

CHEER`S karl,chuckie.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks fantastic, very nice taste in mods too. They really need the 20's hey, hard to fill those guards with anything smaller.

I like it!

Thanks very much. Finding the right wheels for the car was an exersize. When you do find them you just know it. The 20's are a perfect fit would of liked a little more width though. But I'm just being picky.

Looking forward to this wednesday to see what it can do down the quater. Maybe high 14's ( just guessing ) have no idea really. Its still a bit laggy off the mark. Have a boost controler on its way but don't think it will get here in time. Be able to compare for the next time.

Good luck on the 1/4. I think you might actually be the first M35(or AR-X) across it in AUS....let us know how you go.

P.S. Some useless BS for you. Read some BS about the bottom end's of the VQ25DET being weak...false!!!...Had a talk to some guy on the weekend who imported a V35 Skyline and put a Twin turbo kit(700HP..maybe crank)on it. He basically said that the VQ25 and VQ35 have the same bottom ends. In short there's nothing wrong with the bottom end's on them(his words). Also spoke to someone else about the Turbo...he said pull it out, High flow and ballbearing it and it will be good for about 13PSI everyday(standard is 7 or 8).

P.S.S Good luck mastering the manual shift!!!!...I think I worked it out...shift about 1,000 rev's before red line...I think...lol

Good luck on the 1/4. I think you might actually be the first M35(or AR-X) across it in AUS....let us know how you go.

P.S. Some useless BS for you. Read some BS about the bottom end's of the VQ25DET being weak...false!!!...Had a talk to some guy on the weekend who imported a V35 Skyline and put a Twin turbo kit(700HP..maybe crank)on it. He basically said that the VQ25 and VQ35 have the same bottom ends. In short there's nothing wrong with the bottom end's on them(his words). Also spoke to someone else about the Turbo...he said pull it out, High flow and ballbearing it and it will be good for about 13PSI everyday(standard is 7 or 8).

P.S.S Good luck mastering the manual shift!!!!...I think I worked it out...shift about 1,000 rev's before red line...I think...lol

Thanks for the info I reccon the turbo will be the next thing to be played with. Just as soon as I get some more coin in the pocket.

Have been told that the week link is the gear box if you want big power. Starts to run hot.

Been playing with launches. Tried putting it in neutral reving it to 2500 - 3000 droping it in gear and plying the power. BIG BANG and off it went. Probably not a good idea to do that again LOL. Next was a lot of break reving it to 2500 releas and go. Lot better but still not that great. Problem is the car does just not like to launch from a stand. Bugger it we will just see what happens very interested to see how it goes myself.

Have you tried a small stall to start the boost going....release - then progressive throttle rather than right to the floor(this is something to master...lol)...I find mine get's out of the hole quicker doing that....if I put my foot to the floor it feels like it goes backwards....Once up and going though, foot all the way down and it should sit in the arse untill 180km/h.

P.S. Would not be doing to many rev' and dumps into gear....might also find that the boost does not climb doing that anyway.

preffer not to say publicly

hiya, 2001 stagea ar-x 4 in melbourne, registered in december this year. disapointed bout the screen being almost unusable. and needs a new exhaust system,so we can actually hear it. does anyone know who supplies a good system?

apart from that...very happy!!

Had mine done in Sydney...cat back...you could ring them and ask about shipping one down...let me know if you want more info.

P.S. Opening up the exhaust will make no difference if you don't do the Turbo and booste gauge.

Edited by Jetwreck

Also spoke to someone else about the Turbo...he said pull it out, High flow and ballbearing it and it will be good for about 13PSI everyday(standard is 7 or 8).

this is basically what I've had to do but it was quite a mission

turbo feels a lot stronger though

likes to growl :)

• 7 months later...

does anyone no where the boost can be lifted to on the m35 before effecting air fuel / ping point with AU 98ron fuel?

also What are the actual specs of the stock turbo? are they ceramic bush or ball bearing ? t3 t28?

You gotta like it buddy , the M35 series is in another league to C34 models.

Arent the plastic guards standard on ARX'-4s or maybe on later ones?

A bit audi allroadish but nice anyhows, a bit chunkier.

A few have hit WA shores and ive seen a few in brisy with affordable price tags.

The autech axis is the bomb and I have also seen an Impul version, pity about the axis grille though its a bit limo, I wonder what does the autech package include

Interior is luxurious as a prestige touring wagon should be its modern and similar to R35 and is also decent even in lower spec 250RSt.

Ive seen some rare manuals at japanese auctions through prestige motorsport three months ago.

Cool about the dolphin kit, it sorta needs one.

Check out these pics. I also saw my first R35 GTR today in Perth, I nearly died.

Enjoy yer ride bro..I hope to have a M35 soon aswell.

post-43041-1217066982_thumb.jpg post-43041-1217067071_thumb.jpg

post-43041-1217067095_thumb.jpg post-43041-1217067110_thumb.jpg

Edited by nismokid

does anyone no where the boost can be lifted to on the m35 before effecting air fuel / ping point with AU 98ron fuel?

also What are the actual specs of the stock turbo? are they ceramic bush or ball bearing ? t3 t28?

I can't tell you the actual specs but this is the information I have gatered so far from a number of sources.

• the turbo housing and flange are unique.
  • the turbo is ceramic.
  • Standard boost is meant to be 0.8bar(11psi), however I see 15psi under full acceleration droping back to about 12-13psi. Others are also seeing similar levels or more.
  • The turbo has been described as being bult for the job although not the most efficint turbo.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

the vq25det is also not the only turbo vq series engine

the vq30det came out in y32 cima's and other luxury nissans and is a pretty good motor, dude here been making nearly 500rwhp on standard one for quite a while now, they'll also do 300rwhp on a stock turbo (with a manual)

however the stock turbo is like other nissan turbo's, doesn't like more than 1 bar or it shits out a ceramic wheel

awesome car dude