Sat Nav ?

Could someone tell me what other functions that the sat nav screen has

that work over here.

Cheers

Not to much,

it can do:

1 show your fuel consumer data

2,show your position(North or south)

3,Show your currently Hight against sea level(sorry I don't know the word for that function)

4, If you driving with one door open, it will show a waring icon to let you know.

5, It also can show the FM frequency even only cover 75-90

6, If you have a JAP GPS dvd, you can see your car moving in the middle of no where.

7, Listen to Channel 7's sound

8, You can schedule your maintenance

Basically that is all.

It also warns you if you try to drive off with your handbrake on.. :) I'm embarrassed that I know that one.

Is that the one where this car starts talking Japanese really fast in a chick voice? That freaked me out the first time!

It also can speak something if you try to start up with gear on N Or D. One of my friend understand Japnese. He own a 350GT-8, One time when his wife try to start the car with "D", The car said "sorry that is wrong, you can start car like that"--ofcouse in japnese.

That is really interest.

• 6 months later...

Some great news!!!

I made contact with a Russian company today that has done the conversion of the navigation system for the M35 & V35 from Japanese screens to Russian through an update to the firmware. They believe they could do the same for an english version but would require 20 - 30 units to convert to justify the investment.

The upside is that they are charging about $100 (not sure if this is US or Aust) in Russia to do the conversion.

We just need to work out if someone in Aust could do the install or if the units need to be sent to Russia. Lets think down the local avenue, who would know how to the install? Is this a Chris Rogers job?

I see light at the end of the tunnel.......... :rolleyes:

if its a firmware upgrade someone has a schematic for the unit or they have a consult 3 ($15k usd.). as an aside the schematics of the TDV3100 are around the net somewhere waiting to be unearthed.

if its a firmware upgrade someone has a schematic for the unit or they have a consult 3 ($15k usd.). as an aside the schematics of the TDV3100 are around the net somewhere waiting to be unearthed.

Apparantley they spent 6 months working it out the code.