SAU Community

New (or Not) To Sauwa? Introduce Yourself Here!

tigeryas

Hi! Been hardcore lurking here for the last couple of months in preparation for picking up my Skyline (which I did last Saturday).

Name: Clem

I drive a: 1997 R33 Skyline GTS-T Series II

I work/study as: Software Developer

Cruise/event attendance rate: None...yet.

Music taste: Yes, I'm exactly the type of person who would like music.

Would be keen for some meetups, but I'm not exactly sure what happens on these cruises :huh:

My car was very well taken care of by the previous owner, it's got air filter, full turbo back exhaust, R34GTT SMIC, Apexi SAFC, and tuned to 198rwkw.

I need to do something to put my stamp on it. Started with a new Pioneer HU w/ 7" foldout screen. Would like to get a R33 GTR wing and a varex exhaust asap.

That's all, maybe you'll see me round :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Currently in Victoria, but making the move to Perth shortly for Uni/GF/Music pursuits and for a bit of a change, sick of melbourne life, bring on the warm weather and weekend cruising :D

the stats...

Name: Luke

I drive a: White JDM S14a

I work/study as: Bachelor of Commerce/DJ

Cruise/event attendance rate: Will try and get to as many meets as possible, keen to meet fellow enthusiasts in WA as all my car mates are back in Melbourne.

Music taste: Everything and anything! Rage Against The Machine are my favourite band of all time, but I tend to play a lot of Electro/Dubstep stuff - (you'll catch me at Dorcia every fortnight and random other club gigs round town) Also play and listen to a fair bit of Hip hop - golden era shit from the 90's.

Hobbies: Sliding, Eating asian food, making music, driving my S14, standard shit.

Might be of use contacting me for: N/A

Hope to meet some of you soon.

Boom!

Name: Jeremy

Copyrighted since: 15 Feb 1993

I drive a: Silver 4 door R33 GTS-T

I work/study as: Suspension fitter at Ape Suspension

Cruise/event attendance rate: None as of yet, would like to attend an SAU one.

Music taste: Nearly anything with a good beat and good lyrics.

Hobbies: Cars and friends. That's all I need to survive, well, maybe air, food and water too?

Might be of use contacting me for: Any reason I guess, I try to help as much as I can?

Name: Leesh

Birthday: 14/4/1984

I drive a: R33 GTS-T

I work/study as: I'm a primary school teacher, also studying a psychology degree externally

Cruise/event attendance rate: none.

Music taste: drum&bass, electronic, breaks, dubstep, hip hop, rap, and other including: dandy warhols, the streets, crystal castles, at the drive in, sparta, mars volta, radiohead, system of a down, serj tankian, kayne west, LCD soundsystem, moby, smashing pumpkins, U2, art v science, michael jackson.. the list goes on and on and on....

Hobbies: exercising, drinking, pubs, chilling out, reading, driving, movies, tv

Edited by L33SH

Name: Linden

Born: 1990

Vehicles: 07 GPX, 97 Magna, 98 ER34 GT-T

Work: Network Engineer

My ER34 is currently waiting in Tokyo ship yard for delivery to Aust. Once the car is shipped over, it will be complied in VIC, then trucked over to WA. The wait is killing me! I have wanted an R34 since Need for speed underground 2 came out! Golden week public holidays stop anything from happening until the 20th of this month :(. So it looks like I'm stuck lurking here revising mods until the car arrives!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

Name: Justin

I drive a: Yellow R34 GTT

I work/study as: B.D.E @ Capital Transport, Studying externally too so i can work full time.

Cruise/event attendance rate: Just bought my car so keen to get out on one

Music taste: rap, hip hop, dance (club style music) bitta pop (as bad as that sounds!)

Hobbies: Soccer (playing for shamrock rovers).. plus im a whole hearted man united fan

Hi all

Been registered on this site for years but it might be time to actually become active.

Looking at getting a C34 S2 stagea soon.

Name: Jason

Work: IT Software

I drive a: HR31 Skyline GTS-X

Cruise/event attendance rate: not sure, would like to attend some

Hobbies: Aircraft, Photography, Cars

Might be of use contacting me for: R31 info??

Name:Joe

I drive a: 1989 r32 gtst I drive it with the L plates :)

I work/study as: Apprentice Chef

Cruise/event attendance rate: None, I rep the L plates on my skyline

Music taste: screamo, dubstep, metal

Hobbies: cooking, food, sports, gaming

Might be of use contacting me for: cooking information :D

• 1 month later...

Well, i don't have a skyline, but i have been lurking for a bit haha

I have been trying to aquire a few bits and pieces for my silvia build

Name: Damien

I drive a: 1991 S13 Silvia (Supercharged) and a 2003 BA xr6

I work/study as: Just a plain courier

Cruise/event attendance rate: I don't have a skyline :P

Music taste: Metal, Alternative, Dubstep, Rock, Darkwave ect

Hi SAU,

Name: Marshall/Brian/Jeremy

Copyrighted since: Ranges from 1988 to 1983

I drive a: Nissan 180sx/ Nissan S14/ RX7 FC

I work/study as: Automotive business trader

Cruise/event attendance rate: None at this stage

Music taste: Various

Hobbies: Modifying cars, basketball, drinking

Might be of use contacting me for: Car mods! Turbos, engine parts, wheels, suspension etc :)

Right, new to SauWA... fairly old to the Perth scene but known more around the Antilag crew.

Bought Longz MP2 GTR (For sale link here) after owning a mental supra to get into grip/response cars. Will undoubtedly see the car cruising around this summer!

Name: Paul

Copyrighted since: 1987

I drive a: MP2 R34 GTR V-Spec

I work/study as: I&C Engineer, Oil n Gas

Cruise/event attendance rate: 0, although attending as many track days as I can from here on in... and I'm at most of Antilag's events.

Music taste: Mixed.

Hobbies: Cars, drinking and women. In that order.

Might be of use contacting me for: Cruises, oil n gas info, engineering info.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Brock

Copyrighted since: 16 Sep 92

I drive a: Silver 2 door R33 GTS-T

I work/study as: just quit and now trying to find a job with cars, probably panel beater or mechanic

Cruise/event attendance rate: I go to all the JDM WA Cruises and also the Perth 33's cruises

Music taste: Anything with a good beat and good lyrics.

Hobbies: Cars and chillin, im good at chillin and trying to learn as much as i can with cars

• 2 months later...

Well, not new to SAU, but new to SAUWA(moved over from melb last year).

Name: Ryan

Ride: BMW 130i msport, past: modified 32gtst, modified Stagea, modified Datsun 1600's, modified r31's etc thought about a 34GTR but wanted something newer and rwd so went euro this time around!

Cruise attendance: WA:0, intention: as work/gf permits. Interest is hills. Was active in NS/SAU twisties runs back home for 5+ yrs.

Music: grunge, rock, blues, standard alternative indie crap. "60's, 70's rock that shaped what we listen too now etc"

Interests: good food, good drives, good scenery, good company, good cars, good music. Playing guitar/mountain biking when I have time.

-Ryan

• 1 month later...

I'm moving to Perth on the 9th of march and wouldn't mind meeting some SAU:WA members :D

Moving to: Merriwa, WA

Past vehicles:

1 x Holden Nova

1 x R32 Gts-t

2 x S13

1 x GTiR Pulsar

1 x R32 GTR

1 x KE70

1 x Kawasaki Ninja

I'm staying with a mate up there and looking to get my way into the mines. Like to hear from you guys

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, Am typing this in Perth airport waiting for my flight to Karratha.

Big move from the Gold Coast to live with my best mate and make some Coin. Didnt bring my Skyline but if anyone hasnt already checked it out, its in the builds section ;)

Anyone else up in K-Town?

Might see you guys at a meet in perth some day :)

• 2 weeks later...

Moved to Merriwa, WA from SA a month ago. And I'm here to do some mining tickets :P Plans to get loaded and fund "some" earning into grizzlyimports for the benefit of WA drivers (heard its pretty expensive here)

I drive a: 1990 R32 GTS-T (no mods yet) previously had a f**kload of cars

I work/study as: Currently accumulating mining tickets to further help my entry into the mines

Cruise/event attendance rate: None yet.

Music taste: Dr Dre, Rap, Dance/ computer shit

I am also keen for some cruises north side of perth/ beers while watching footy, whatever

My cars a street hack. gunmetal grey with bits painted mattblack spraycan style :P

Hi Guys, new to the site and new to driving a Skyline.

Name- Daniel

DOB- 1984

I Drive- White 93 R32 GTR

Cruise/Event attendance- None at this stage

Hobbies- Music, gym, cars

Music- anything from rock to hip hop to dance to drum and bass to dub step... hell anything with a good beat

previously owned 180sx then got a work car got bored after not having an import for 2 years so decided to get a project for the weekend. Stumbled across a R32 GTR (always been a favourite) which was ok but did need alot of tlc, figured perfect project. plus getting it at wholesale it didnt hurt the back pocket at all.

Only thing is i didnt know what had been done to this car from mods to previous maintanence. spent a few days going through every inch to see what was done, then checked on this site and found a little bit of a history on it. It kind of has been the SAU whore and it seems like it has been let go recently but i plan on bringing it back to life.

Just replaced every bit of fluid on it gave it a full on major service, comp test is showing 170psi across the cylinders...... the fun now begins

• 3 months later...

Hi guys - complete newbie to the whole skyline scene!

Name: Hannah

Dob: 1986

I drive: dark grey 2008 V36 GTR coupe

Cruise/event attendance: none at this stage

I have inherited this car from my late partner and unfortunately we didn't much time to enjoy it together (or for him to teach me anything) before he tragically passed away. It's a japanese import and I only know the basics (how to drive it to the shops) but haven't figured out any of the fancy things it can do. I am 100% open to any advice, tips and instruction! And a Japanese translator..

Thanks for the japanese manual too - kinda helping!