SAU Community

Want To Have Your Picture In Hpi

nuttsHunglow

Hi all

I have been talking to the Editor of HPI and we have come up with an idea to make a competition for photographers. The top 10 people will have there picture of a car they have taken in HPI. (May in the future be used as a feature but this will be the decision of the editor)

Please remember they need to be named by your real name and a brief description of location and car.

Remember this is for fun and even if you are a professional or a novice submit some pics. Please PM me with your picture 3 picture Max in High res please. 6meg camera minimum.

Happy snapping

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been a fantastic response to this and I would like to thank those who have sent in there pictures Now keep in mind that it does not have to be your car can be a friends car or at a event so keep them coming

do they hafta be imports??? or local??? what style?? racing...show/static???? i dont remember ben saying anything lately????

how do i know the pics arn't going to end up in some other mag with any credit???? who are you????? what is your relationship with HPI/ZOOM/editor in chief Ben Ellis??????? will green tea kitkat come to Aust????

759603693_6594801fb9_t.jpg759602929_d9f4d5e19a_t.jpg

is there a.. cut off date...

Was looking at around 4 weeks will get back on this one!

do they hafta be imports??? or local??? what style?? racing...show/static???? i dont remember ben saying anything lately????

how do i know the pics arn't going to end up in some other mag with any credit???? who are you????? what is your relationship with HPI/ZOOM/editor in chief Ben Ellis??????? will green tea kitkat come to Aust????

759603693_6594801fb9_t.jpg759602929_d9f4d5e19a_t.jpg

As many know Ben is no longer the Editor of HPI,Zoom Hot4's, Australian 4wd monthly, Street ford , Street commodores. The new editor is Jason Round and I have been speaking to Jason for a few months now, proven that I and Adam where able to get HPI and Ignition DVD to support the club at the resent show n shine in NSW would indicate that I have atleast spoken to them.

I am sure that Jason would not mind a verification but I cant see the problem with submitting a pic.

Any pics will be viewed by Jason as he is the editor will make the decition on what pics will be viewed.

Please keep this in mind that this is a bit of fun for those that would love to have there own car or a great pic in a magazine which is seen all around the world.

Regards Andrew

Here is a pic I took on the freeway to ballarat, i'm driving and taking the pic of a mates Stagea. I'll provide a link as I think the pic is too large but I think its a beauty. He does aswell, its his desktop background.

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/For...ownshine003.jpg

Would love to see that in a magazine!

Liam

Pm me with some details of the car and the location please

good luck bud

I am getting a lot of emails Man I knew I should not of given that out. Anyway I would like to thank all those that have already put through some pics.

I am getting allot of questions and really it is not that difficult I am sure most of you have Digital cameras

I am unsure of the size of pics he is going to be using but I am sure even if you send in a 5meg photo It will be fine for the smaller pics.

Since it is going to be in HPI it has to be a Motorsport / Import Picture.

4 weeks to get the photos in it does not matter if it is a standard car or even if you are not a pro with the camera the point is to get creative with your car or a friends car and see if it makes it.. Guaranteed 10 spots.

If anyone has doubts about this drop Jason Round a email or call HPI

Hi all

Jason wanted me to let you know

the comp is about the photography and not so much the car, ie. Good composition, lighting etc.

aahh crap...oh well,might try some at the auto salon this weekend then :)

wasn't having a go before, just suspect of anyone saying 'give me your photoz' and then not saying who/what/when/why/etc.etc.

i get a bit agi when i dont get enuff sleep. plus being in WA i wouldn't know what goes on in the rest of OZ. (there good at that over here)

hello everyone

im new here and would like to enter this competition

i have been shooting drift since december last year, some of my work has appeared on driveline.net.au and i did the photoshoot for westdrift.com a few weekends back

here are my entry's for this competition

all taken using canon 1dmk2n and sigma 70-200, manfrotto monopod

all taken at WA drift battle round 3 - 15th june 07

for those of you in the know - EXIF data should still be attached

Andrew, just a few questions:

- do you have a cutoff date? this would be helpful

- can you tell us what the photos will be used for? do photographers retain repro/copy right?

- are you sure you want 3x6meg photos? that's an 18 meg email...

cheers,

sig.

I am getting a lot of emails Man I knew I should not of given that out. Anyway I would like to thank all those that have already put through some pics.

I am getting allot of questions and really it is not that difficult I am sure most of you have Digital cameras

I am unsure of the size of pics he is going to be using but I am sure even if you send in a 5meg photo It will be fine for the smaller pics.

Since it is going to be in HPI it has to be a Motorsport / Import Picture.

4 weeks to get the photos in it does not matter if it is a standard car or even if you are not a pro with the camera the point is to get creative with your car or a friends car and see if it makes it.. Guaranteed 10 spots.

If anyone has doubts about this drop Jason Round a email or call HPI

Andrew, just a few questions:

- do you have a cutoff date? this would be helpful

- can you tell us what the photos will be used for? do photographers retain repro/copy right?

- are you sure you want 3x6meg photos? that's an 18 meg email...

cheers,

sig.

hope that answers your email

They need to be of desent size as they need to be placed in the Mag I am not sure how Jason is going to do it but as stated at the start it is allowing the to 10 pics to enter.