SAU Community

Super Sprint At Baskerville 12th August

tas skyline

On Sunday 12th August the Hobart Sporting Car Club and the Italian Car Club will be holding a day of Super Sprints at Baskerville Raceway.

This is a great day to thrash your car round a track and have some fun (roll cage is not mandatory)

I beleive there may be some drifting as well, GMB?

Trophies will be awarded for fastest lap times in various classes.

The cost is $60.00 and you must belong to a registered car club to enter.

Regards,

Rod.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I had a good day once i got there, the track is completly diferent to Symmonds, but heaps of fun.

I somehow managed to get driver of the day, pretty stoked with that. And the other Ben (tas_180) got best drifter who drove of the day.

I had a good day once i got there, the track is completly diferent to Symmonds, but heaps of fun.

I somehow managed to get driver of the day, pretty stoked with that. And the other Ben (tas_180) got best drifter who drove of the day.

Well done, What times where you doing Ben, I read on n/s that Ben in the 180 did a 101???

So pi$$ed I had to work.

Leigh

i didn't see my last time sheet, but my best on run 2 was a 1:04.11. But on the last untimed run of the day i recon i was faster, i used diferent lines and gears.

180 ben was doing 1:01's, and so was the other GT-R.

Edited by sav man

I think a lot of people were very impressed with your efforts out there sav man considering you hadn't even driven the track before. Had some Great speed out of the sweeper then into turn 1. Was good to watch

Well done :nyaanyaa:

Thanks again for those tyres Ben, hopefully i can get them on the rear and allow me to use more than 1mm of throttle out of every corner ;).

For someone who hadnt driven on the track before you picked up the lines very quickly, you definately deserved that trophy mate. Racing against Rod's GTR makes me want a GTR now, damn torque monsters even in mild tune.

The pink XU1 (even though not original) would have to have been my favourite car out of the lot. MMmmm... :D

I didn't go but it seems that GT-R is starting to handle pretty well Rod. :D

Well done, some great times by the sound of it. Not sure I know who Tas_180 is but a great effort also!

Anyone have any official times? eg 1.01.?? (got to keep an eye on my competition ;) )

You guys entering the next hillclimb?

BTW there's an MCC super-sprint on the 19th (unless something's changed) so for those who didn't make it this time here's your chance... ;)

(I won't make this one either)

Tim.

Edited by roaldin

I didn't go but it seems that GT-R is starting to handle pretty well Rod. :D

Well done, some great times by the sound of it. Not sure I know who Tas_180 is but a great effort also!

Anyone have any official times? eg 1.01.?? (got to keep an eye on my competition ;) )

You guys entering the next hillclimb?

BTW there's an MCC super-sprint on the 19th (unless something's changed) so for those who didn't make it this time here's your chance... ;)

(I won't make this one either)

Tim.

My best lap was hand timed by the HSCC as 61.7 and by the old girl as 61.6. Rod was around 61 flat from memory.

My car will get smashed to pieces if i enter most hillclimbs. Dont plan on raising the car so dont think ill be seeing many hillclimbs anytime soon.

Wont be out next weekend either, car needs some TLC before it moves again.