SAU Community

Cefiro At Rb20de+t

Mr Eps

hey gangsters

i have an rb20de+t setup in my AT Cefiro, and I'm not really too happy with the way the gears are changing

to be honest i think the DE auto box is going to shit it's pants any time soon

SO

i've noticed a lot of R33 owners are changing their autos over to manual, and are selling their stronger than RB20DE boxes for about $200, this is cheaper than getting my poo box reconditioned.... (been quoted approx $1000 upwards, not worth it i don't think)

is it possible to put the RB25 AT box onto the cefiro RB20? i personally can't see why not... and the 25 boxes are MUCH more responsive than the rb20 ones....

any thoughts or comments from you guys?

I would think so but the box of brains controling box auto's would be different

I also thought after reading Donnon's hpi write on his 33 4dr that the NA 33 are the only ones to come out

with a five speed auto or something this may make getting the two to work together

cost more money than just doing a manual conversion

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• The old "Gentleman's agreement".  They all kept publishing that number to avoid government intervention. They all kept pushing over it to be quicker than the other guy.   It's why I'll say it's smart the Gen4 Supra was more suited/targetted to taking on freeway runs, than taking on the GTR directly. Nissan and Yoda rivalry slightly more apart receiving a little less criticism compared to the Holden Vs Ford in the years gone by with the likes of the GTHO etc.
    • The GTT's Neo actually did produce ~206kW at the flywheel. The 34GTR's 26 really did not produce 206kW at the flywheel. By the time the 34 came around the 26 was likely up around 230-240 kW, and probably could have been more. The Japanese manufacturer's had an agreement to not sell any cars that made more than 206kW (actuall, their agreement was expressed in the stupid non-metric German ps units which is essentially horsepower, and the numerical value in the agreement was 280ps). So Evos, Supras, GTRs, 3000GTs, and so on, all had official 206kW power outputs published, and all made variously larger numbers than that. Even the R32 GTR made a decent margin over the official number, all the way back in 1989. As you'd bloody well hope for a TT 2.6l 24v engine running ~12psi of boost.
    • See, Euro trash. Ha ha ha. And I have to say, you nearly nailed the description of yourself. But you can't be elitist if you can't look down on people. Or see what's on top of the Fridge.
    • Manufacturers quote power at the engine, we quote power at the wheels, which will always be lower due to drivetrain losses.  
    • As someone with an EV, who also does Bris to Sydney road trips, I can get from Bris to Syd in the same time, and a shit tonne cheaper in the EV vs the Petrol car.   It's a slight change for SOME people in how you'd do the trip, but in reality, even for the cranky people who just want to haul ass and only stop once, it's still doable in the EV, it might make the people who are so dead set on pretending their in an F1 race pit stop take another 30 minutes to get get to Sydney. Then there's all the people who do a road trip like that over 2 days. Those people can charge the car over night! 😮 zero impact then!!! 😮   and then running around the city, from 0-100 it's like driving a gas guzzling sports car, with it always in gear for power, except, you pay only $3 / 100km to drive, when driving spiritedly! considering fuel around $2 a litre, it means still $9 cheaper per / 100km than a Hybrid Camry... (And I have a lot of experience on the Hybrid Toyodas too. Good cars, wanting the Hybrid Fortuner or Prado when it comes out for the missus). Driving the EV around, the other thing I never spend time in my life doing, is going somewhere to fuel up.    I will agree 100% EVs are not for everyone.  In fact, those who don't do lots of KMs each week, I'd tell them to be buying a Hybrid or full ICE. If you want a track/race car, ICE.   The other thing when everyone races about long road trips and EVs, the reality is, people rarely take them. Most families, might do a Bris to Sydney style trip ONCE every four or five years. I used to do that trip, plus add to Canberra, and Batemans Bay in the same trip. And by used to, I'd do that about 3 or 4 times a year, for a few years straight. Ya know what I do now? I get on a bus. And by bus, I mean one that holds over 100 people, and can do about 900kmh. f**k boring road trips!         Topic of Camrys being driven by scary people, I see wayyyy less of that in Brisbane. In fact, I'll say in Bris I don't look for any vehicles in particular except for old 4WDs like GQ or 80 series cruisers, and modern dual cabs. They're often maniacs. Other than that, every other car on the road has a 50 to 75% chance they're high, using a phone, asleep at the wheel, or just a f**king idiot with no perception of the world outside of them. Oh, actually, I do keep an eye out for the white Toyota Camrys. Mainly because they put sore loser lights in them. If they get beaten in a drag race or overtaken on the freeway, they start flashing red and blue!