SAU Community

Defect For Too Low

ducki

just got defected for resonator being too low..

on the paper.. the rwc was not ticked.. and major defect was tick.. with only 1 defect..

so i just need to raise the exhaust and do i need to bring any papers to vicroad beside the defect notice.?

You got off easy, just raise your car and bring it into VIC roads with your defect notice, they will most likely come out and make sure u raised the car and make u scrape off the defect sticker on your windscreen

u got off easy. just tuck your resonator up with cable ties or gasket ring and bring the car in. they'll sweep a wooden stick under the car or use a number plate bent up 100mm to test and if it clears your off scot free.

just came back from an exhaust shop.. i think the car is about 80 or 90mm ? im not sure.. i have trust pe2 .. catco metal cat and batml split dump..

apparently the mechanic told me that i cant raise the muffler any higher and the muffler is the lowest point.. but i don't know how it gotten so low. as it used to tuck up real good.

my friend has the same exhaust and it's at 100mm .. anyway he told me its either stock exhaust or put stock springs back on.

any other way i can fix this permanently with my current exhaust and lowered?

Edited by ducki

If you can afford it treat, yourself to some height adjustable cooilovers. That way if you get done again you can easilly adjust it. Plus the handling will be much improved if you are currently running only lowered springs.

You got reall easy buddy, which is good news - as normally with a defect a RWC is always normally required... with a RWC - more hassles and more costly as mechanics will normally point out other things that needs fixing.

Like what others have suggested - just raise your exhaust, resonator etc and bring it into VicRoads.

will they tell you if they're gonna epa you or not? cause he did ask me to rev to 4.5krpm and said something about the sound backed off when i let go of the pedal.

will they tell you if they're gonna epa you or not? cause he did ask me to rev to 4.5krpm and said something about the sound backed off when i let go of the pedal.

Yep - normally the damn coppper will tell you after he does the test whether you'll have to go to the EPA or not. He'll also give you an EPA outline factsheet along with your fine, the defect notice and the yellow canary sticker. If he mentions EPA, that means after about 2-3 weeks the EPA will send you an invite - more money, more headaches.

All this comes with owning a Skyline buddy... get used to it.

This is why I never take my beast out to St. Kilda, Noble Park , Springvale or Werribee.

After a while you'll get to know all the "No Go Zones."

God damn, they're getting stricter and stricter by the day.

lol.. well this is actually my 1st defect after owning it 3 years.. never really had a problem at all . i dont live in those area.. i got pulled over on pascoe vale rd.. near broadmeadows .. on the way home.

well... he never mentioned epa so i guess i should be ok for the time being.. less worries.

oh.. my yellow defect notice fell off my windscreen after 20mins.. am i suppose to stick it back on? or can i just leave it lying on the dash board against the windscreen.. it didnt seem to stick on the windscreen that well.

i heard a story that if you jack up the rear of the car, the springs in the shocks will uncompress, when you place the car back down it will be slightly higher because the shocks have not yet compressed to their max limit.

If you are off by a couple of mm's this could possibly make you pass :)

Never tried, only heard about it hehe

i heard a story that if you jack up the rear of the car, the springs in the shocks will uncompress, when you place the car back down it will be slightly higher because the shocks have not yet compressed to their max limit.

If you are off by a couple of mm's this could possibly make you pass :huh:

Never tried, only heard about it hehe

this is true as with my r31.

when i jack the car up and then place it back down the rear realy sticks up then if i put some weight in it leave it for a cupple of days then remove weight it stays lower.

best option remove all weight out of the rear and see how you go and go to vic roads with a near empty tank.

went to vic road today.. after raising my exhaust up abit higher.. lucky i had a nice lady inspecting.. and i just cleared it. some spots were kind of stuck.. but she thought it was uneven surface and let me off. >_<