SAU Community

Fog Light Legalities

Cassbo

Does anyone know when you can or can't use fog lights?

I haven't used them yet in fear that some copper is going to tear me a new one because of some rule that I have no idea about.

But then again, they don't seem to do much at night anyways...

Thanks,

Cass

Does anyone know when you can or can't use fog lights?

I haven't used them yet in fear that some copper is going to tear me a new one because of some rule that I have no idea about.

But then again, they don't seem to do much at night anyways...

Thanks,

Cass

fog lights are exactly that,fog lights

you use them in fog

use them anyother time you can get fined

from my experience i dont think it is enforced very much as i have them on most of the time and have driven past many cops before who have had no prob with it. They arn't that bright at all just a normal globe and i wouldn't see how they would affect other drivers if anything i think they make your car more visible to other motorists so they dont bang in to you!

my understanding is that fog lights are yellow....

otherwise they're 'driving lights' and legal as long as they don't 'dazzle' other drivers.

i started a very similar topic to this a few weeks ago and that was the general ruleing.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=177101

my understanding is that fog lights are yellow....

otherwise they're 'driving lights' and legal as long as they don't 'dazzle' other drivers.

As he said "Fog lights = Use only when in fog". For some people it can be hard to understand. Use them whenever you want and when a cop doesnt just drive past like you thought they would, expect a fine :thumbsup: .

No fog lights(When not in fog) = No fine mmmmmmmkay Foglights are bad mmmmmmkay :laughing-smiley-014:

• 2 weeks later...

Wrong.. Fog lights can also be used in rain and switched on in hazardous conditions as per instructions for rta website..

Fog is included in that, as is rain, when your broken down, etc etc etc.. Its up to the cop to decide when is hazardous.. so dont play funny buggers with them.

• 2 weeks later...
the ones at the bottom of the standard s2 front bar are the same colour as the headlights so they would be classified as driving lights then if i'm not mistaken.

The only issue i see there is that they dont point down. Cops will probably argue that they "dazzle".