SAU Community

R33 Gauge Levels?

Anquetil

Hi,

I've only had my R33 a few days and was wondering about the position of the hand on the Boost Gauge? Upon starting the car it rises to over +7, is this normal?

This is going to sound like a real dumb question, but I didnt really notice it before I changed the oil. The Oil Pressure Gauge fluctuates from about 2.5 on idle to 4 when cruising to about 6.5 when giving it a bit of stick, I just wanted to check whether these levels are also OK?

Thanks

its goes over the +7 !!!!! umm from memory 3.5 x 100mmHg is about 7PSI so that means u doin about 14, what is it on full boost, what is it on idle ??? if its at 0 on idle perhaps your gauge is off, if its at -3.5 x 100mmHg then u do hav an aftermarket bleeder valve runnin 14psi !

Your factory boost guage sounds like it's completely out of whack. You might have to take the dash out and fix it. When idling it should be on about -4 because no boost pressure is made while idling...it's all vacuum.

Originally posted by Grim

Your factory boost guage sounds like it's completely out of whack. You might have to take the dash out and fix it. When idling it should be on about -4 because no boost pressure is made while idling...it's all vacuum.

Thats a relief, sort of. So its most likely an Electric Gauge problem? I'm not game to take off the dash myself, unless its mega easy.

Might be a job for an Auto Elec?

yeah i'd say forget about that gauge .. it should be at 0 when u are turning on ur car and about -4 like someone above mentioned ... it would be cheaper and look better and have better accuracy to just get an aftermarket gauge like hks apexi etc .. but go for jap ones though .. they are much better ..

Yeah, I'a with hippy! don't worry about the dash guage just put in a 3rd party Apexi, HKS etc.. Even more so if you suspect your running a bleeder, besides if you were running 14psi in a stock r33 you would know about it, but not for long...........LOL