SAU Community

R32 4dr Tail Light

KaI 32 4dr GaL

• 2 weeks later...

How does that work? You proved to them that it wasn't painted and you still have to pay it? :wub: That's total BS they can't fking book you on something that is a factory standard...

I really hope you manage to have better luck if you take it to court or sumsing :wub:

Since this is an easy case to defend in court yourself, and it would cost nothing except some time, ask to discuss the matter with a senior officer at the station this guy works at, ask for some intelligent intervention and state that you will take it to court if necessary.

I'm pretty certain, if the evidence is presented to one of the older heads that they will see sense in not prosecuting.

Judges hate to see matters that are just petty, pointless and wrong and will give the coppers a dressing down if they do present this case.

thanx everyone....

I doubt I will take it to court.... maybe go see the head of that station to talk to him about it.

I don`t have the time (got work everyday) to get summoned to court on the day they ask me to come.

I do wish most police are not this dumb.

I know what you mean...

but since the police man told me to prove it to him and I did... (with a bad answer from him)

all I can do now is to bring it to head of that station and tell him.

I dont have time to go to court now.... work work and more work.

I will try as much as I can but got doubts its going anywhere now...

talk to a compliance workshop that complies R32 skylines. They have ADR clearance/testing data for both coupe and sedan tail lights (sedans are variants on the original docs). This should show factory specification, translucency, colouration and reflectivity. Most of em won't give the info away easily (because they spent hundreds tabulating it, and you could be a competitor) but be nice and they might just give you a copy of that page out of the 100+ page ADR evidence book.

• 2 weeks later...

head of the police dont have much time since the indy's on in the coast in 2 weeks. Cops are all busy doing whateva they think they are doing.

Courts out of my mind at the moment. My work is buzzzzyyyyyy! Its summer time and all dogs need clippings!!!

I think I will go pay it soon.... or I'll get another fine for not paying.

*sigh*

Yeap definantly don't pay.

Also from everything I've read regarding mods and what is and isn't allowed I beleive that it doesn't matter as long as they remain clearly visable from a specified distance(can't remember the exact distance now) and obviously remained the same colour. I have my front and side indicators covered in nightshade. They are still clearly visable. I have never had a problem and even passed a proper RWC with it.