SAU Community

OS Giken

grepin

Just had a secondhand OS Giken twin plate fitted today. Works great except I seem to have to ride it in first for traffic take offs would this be wearing it out excessively. Also when at idle with clutch depressed there is a bit of a rattle heard from the clutch. Otherwise revs and bites hard. Feels like a different car. My experience with this type of clutch extends as far as a half hour now. Im sure I will get used to it.

Originally posted by PranK

pffft, i ride my brass button clutch and its fine, they are kinda built to put up with that i think... otherwise, i'll be pissed if i wear it out quickly!

How long have you had this for Prank?

Hi Prank,

Not being rude or anything but I think you will find the clutches like yours definately don't like being ridden or slipped.

If fact I know of quite a few people who replace their "Bass ass HD" clutches every 12months, simple becasue they don't drive them correctly.

Basically you should be trying NOT to slip the clutch because they will wear faster if they slip

IE ceramic puck clutch will wear like grandma's 10 year old undies if slipped. Just think of what different types of cements and roads do to your tyres :) The rougher the road, the more chunks it takes out of your tyres

Anyway, hopefully your's will be aok, cause I know from putting a multiplate in mine that clutches cost far to ****ing much.

Cheers,

Tim