SAU Community

Sold Pls Delete

Please PM me your mobile number mate!

The thing that worries me the most is that whackin great 'snail' mounted up top HAHA ...but a Turbo jacket could 'hide' that a little.

Dunno if it would be possible to temporarily remove the GT35/40 and piping, and run on a 'detune'?

You could package up the 'extras' and chuck 'em in the boot ...and then I'll get them chucked back on with a retune after pits and rego.

I'll make a couple of calls today ...if I can swing something, we'll be in business very quickly :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the room for the shopping, or spare wheel? Haha

Nah ...was thinking I could just whack a single 10" Eclipse sub in there instead for more room.

For sure, Just mount it to the side and you'll have some more room!!

Mark you won't be disappointed with this girl! I am a good mate of Dans and that doesn't mean i'm trying to do the hard sell for him, but this car is seriously good for the money, you will have a ball!! Doesn't attract attention from the cops(until you open her up) and can be quite stealth!

Have you looked into getting it all Engineered over there as is, for a few extra grand it could be done and you'll have no dramas and could be worthwile! My old boy lives over there and i sorta understand thier laws!!

Mate ...I've just been through that shite with another car (Chameleon Painted Ford EL XR6 with a GT 35/40 Turbo set-up (600 rwHP), T56 gearbox & heaviest clutch I've ever driven, and $60,000 audio set-up)...did the whole application thing with DPI WA (took friggin ages) ...and then sold the car before an engineer could have a squizz at her.

Don't really wanna go through this again ...this car may well just pull through ...still risky but.

Very nice, HAHA ...what's with the 'SMELLOVISION' comments?

BTW ...can you post up some pics of the FRONT of the car? Wanna see how the FMIC sits and looks.

Also some pics of the LH side, and the interior (from passenger side, back seats etc)?

Car looks straight as, and paintwork looks absolutely IMMACULATE ...am I right?

Also ...what is that colour? I LOVE it!

Cheers mate :P

Hey mate,

Ok its a series 1 though beside deluxes series 2 its hard to tell the difference and a lot of ppl do mistake it for a series 2. WIll post pics asap soon as i steal the camera back from my gf. Car is straight as and yes paint is immaculate. Colour is wine red. Yes all the electrics and a/c work fine. Stereo is awesome nice crisp sounds it has a pretty awesome stereo. Alarm is a 2way pager system has 3 points. Im an electronics technician by trade so anything to do with that side of the house is perfect and neat as.

Mark...Silver mirrors...lol funny story. One stopped moving in and out and the other the glass got stolen so i went to my wreckers and all they had were silver ones, so i bought them and since then they have grown on me and i actually like them lol.

Gtr monster... Not really looking to trade as im after an evo 7 or 8

Guys on my Ford site are really putting in their 2 cents worth ...would appreciate your opinions on the comments below!

"however I'm going to bag you big time now.

You haven't learnt a thing from buying Pyro, you do not "buy" horsepower, its a stupid thing to do, you don't know the history of the car, and things will ALWAYS go wrong. A 350-400rwhp skyline is like buying a 500rwhp falcon, stuff will break, and you'll bitch and complain that lots of money was spent and everything should be perfect. The turbo thats on it looks like the smaller of the 30/40s, which are laggy, but even the bigger one is only capable of around 530-560fwhp, so getting 400rwhp out of it will mean everything will have to be perfect (or you can just goto MCE/BPT/SST and get a high reading dyno figure I suppose). Theres a trillion R33's on the street, lots have been modded like this, they break, they are laggy, and generally suck to drive. If you want a skyline buy a relatively unmodded 32/33 GTR and start from there, mod it yourself, so that you get what you want, rather than a bucket someone else is casting off coz they can't be bothered keeping up with what breaks anymore. Seriously there are only two reasons people sell high perf modded cars, 1 is something is wrong or about to be. The other is they are trading up to something that does what they want, for half the mods, half the headache, and half the breakages.

Seriously, your an older guy, and I would have thought you'de have more sense, or at least that you'de learn from the pyro experience.

Go find a skyline forum, as every tosser on those forums loves it if you can afford to just buy a fast car and continuously fix problems. They will tell you your the MAN, meanwhile I respect those who have the balls to build it themselves"

"yeah skylines are relible..... till you mod them. mate has one pushing 360rwhp on 14psi (low boost) and it so unrebilble. its been off the road more than its been on. he just had the turbonetics t66 rebuilt and that alone cost close too $2500. sure its good now.... but once its starts to break you will never here the end of it. its like any modded performance car... things do go wrong"

"lol @ r33 ...man that exhaust housing is f*ken tiny"

"it should still be fine once the turbo kicks in (with bulk lag... bulk)

"You do realise that dynos can read what ever you like, that people can lie, and that figures can be exagerated, oh and someone saying that it will definitely make 300rwkw with some more boost obviously doesn't know much about turbochargers, as they DO have flow limits, its not like you can just wind it up to 40 psi and make 600rwkw. I'm sure it will make 300rwkw, but at what boost, and for how long, and will the drive line last..who knows.

You would be MUCH better off with a GTR. Good tyres, exhaust, wind the boost up a little and into the 12's easily, where as a lot of the skyline guys with around 350rwhp over here are running 13.2's 13.4's. Not too many lightly modded GTST's running in the 12's comfortably, not even many highly modded ones. Theres a guy running 10's but its got EVERYTHING and I do mean everything T88D nitrous powerglide etc etc, sits on 4000rpm at 100k's its not nice to drive. They do reasonably well around the track, and are excellent at drift, thats about all they are good for. And this is NOT a rice hater speech, I have friends who own Skylines, some are highly modded, they aren't happy, and most of them say they would have bought a GTR rather than GTST. Those of my friends who own GTR's on the other hand have spent much less, and are much happier"

"I'll be driving my current project car (it might just take 20 yrs to complete)....and the falcon (if its still in one piece) will still be my weekender. If its NOT in one piece (you never know what can happen and must plan for these things) I'll probably buy what ever cult car is going around at the time, for ages that was the VL turbo, then the GTR and Supra, now the XR6 Turbo. One very good lesson a friend taught me was that you don't buy the shit car in the range if your buying a new car, you buy THE best (standard if possible) car you can with the money you have. So why buy a car thats already modded and have the previous owners problems, when you can buy a BETTER stock or near stock car thats just as fast with fewer mods (which means its generally more reliable) ie why could you buy a v6 commodore, when you can have the 6L beast instead?"

Ok mark,

These ford forums seem to have not too much of an idea about skylines....

The reason a am selling the car to start with, is as Ive stated Ive had it for four years im ready to move on, genuine reason.

Im not handing off any problems too you at all. The car has had everything done on it for reliability and so it wont break. Hence the forged pistons and everything else in the engine, the awesome clutch, the new turbo, the new brakes. As i have said there isnt a cent to spend on this car it is reliable as all hell, I dont understand with what these ford guys are saying with it braking once its been modified, you can see all the money has been spent in all the right places. If something broke on this car I would be mega mega pissed off as I have done mega hours of research and spent all the money in the right places, this car is very very relaible.

The turbo, well these ford guys have quite a contridiction of themselves here...one is saying how laggy, the other is saying how small is the exhaust housing..... I did a lot of research into this turbo as I used to have a huge turbo that was mega laggy (before the engine blew). The turbo Kicks in at 3200 in low gears and even lower in the higher gears, though it may not be 2500 as the stock one does, this is a 600hp turbo. So with the engine setup it comes on boost really smoothly and pulls mega hard all the way to 7200rpm, and is capable of easily over 300rwkw, And im not saying it wil make 600kw the limit of this turbo in terms of flow would prob be around 330-340rwkw, but you are getting the optimal street performer in terms of very low lag but massive power and a 1370kg car.

As for your drag times would be an easy 12 no worries there, and as you have stated to me a 4wd isnt your thing.

As for the dyno its known here as to read a little low just ask anyone in the SA sect about boostworx dyno.

Mark this car has had mega dollars spent on it and has lots of stuff that is damn new on it, Im not trying to rip you off its a very genuine sale. The car is really really neat, the interior and everything, you could never buy a standard skyline or falcon for the same money and modify it to the standard or cond for the same price. Im def not trying to rip you off. Your more than welcome to give both of my workshops a call, the place where my engine was built does mainly V8s so there def not just a jap shop they do all sorts of cars, they will tell you exactly what car you are getting.

Edited by sinistagtst

"lol @ r33 ...man that exhaust housing is f*ken tiny"

"it should still be fine once the turbo kicks in (with bulk lag... bulk)

The dude doesnt no what he is talking about...for one the smaller the exhaust housing the less lag you will have, also I have seen this cars dyno sheets and also watched the car being tuned at Boostworx witch has there dyno calabrated very often and is known in Adelaide to read low....Yes if you modify ANY car you will always have a weak link that will give way and need to be fixed but this car has had 99% of those parts replaced with new items and given the owner has vast mechanical knowledge that should also put your mind at ease that this car was modified correctly. As far as buying a stock car and building it up over buying a modified one...yes and no, if your not the kind of person that wants there new car in and out of workshops for the first 6 months of ownership then just buy a modified one. Get a compression test/leakdown test/dyno tune to see that the a/f mixtures are correct,take it to a crash shop to check for accident history hell even pull of the turbo and have it checked...what Iam getting at is its going to be alot cheaper to do all these tests to put your mind at ease then actually buy a stock car and build it from scratch to put your mind at ease....think about it. Also R33 gtst run the same strength gearbox and also the same brakes as an R32 GTR so these cars are by no means base models in the skyline world.

My 2c

Ryan :(

Edited by ISC-Performance