SAU Community

Series 2 Dayz Front Bar

joe26f

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COME ON GUYS. I would love a dollar for everyone who has asked about getting a dayz bar for the series 2.The more that jump in on this the cheaper it will be.I cant afford one just yet but i am willing to put in to at least get the moulds made.Im sure a few others could do the same at least.after all we are all in here to help the fellow waggoners.Any money put in to getting the moulds made will be taken off the purchace price when u do buy one so its not a waste of your hard earned dollars.Regards mike......................................ps here is the link..................http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=184871

post-26949-1190483239_thumb.jpg

post-26949-1190483295_thumb.jpg

COME ON GUYS. I would love a dollar for everyone who has asked about getting a dayz bar for the series 2.The more that jump in on this the cheaper it will be.I cant afford one just yet but i am willing to put in to at least get the moulds made.Im sure a few others could do the same at least.after all we are all in here to help the fellow waggoners.Any money put in to getting the moulds made will be taken off the purchace price when u do buy one so its not a waste of your hard earned dollars.Regards mike......................................ps here is the link..................http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=184871

ok guys next option is to look for a cheaper alternative as i said before i will put some cash for the moulds even tho i cant aford the bar just yet.if a few of us did the same at least the end cost would come down and we would be part owners in the moulds.just a thaught i mean what do you guys want a lot of people were asking about them but nobody prepared to do anything about it .the other option is to import your own which i estimated 700 aud plus paint so even at the price from the group buy you are in front.

hmmm - I am not sure if the dayz front bar is all that great... I am about to get my car (about a week or so off if all goes well) and it has the full dayz kit - but I have seen a silver one with a more - streamline aerodynamic looking kit

mine:

45002568lf_149.jpg

45002568n4_566.jpg

the silver one:

1.jpg

2.jpg

I am also in SA so can't help to much as you guys are all in NSW.

Wow, disappear for a week and someone else is posting pics of my car on the site! :laughing-smiley-014::)

On topic, I personally have no idea what kit it is that's on my car but I have a sneaking suspicion that it's a Dolphin kit.

Ahh yerp. stole it for $10,800 ex tires/rego incl. compliance. :D

Detail shots of the wheels show them to be genuine Work Emotion rollers - worth a pretty penny apparently.

Car got loaded onto the boat Saturday just gone so i'm currently waiting on the call from Customs in about 1-2 weeks.

you can add at least another $2,500 to that price then to cover:

$462 for tyres

$1000 for unkowns

$180 + for stamp duty on first reg

$180 for 3 months rego

Possibly some extra $$ for trucking any non-standard parts down separate to the car...

A few hundred to get stock parts hired for taking over the pits after compliance unless you have your own or get it complied in the same state. (wheels, exhaust, suspension etc)

But still very nice car - to bad it is only series I and not the SII 200+ KW neo engine!

Rule out standard parts fees and you've got me, Got a mate who owns 4 Stags as parts mules. ;)

So far i've worked out where it's going to cost but not how much yet...

Customs broker/shipping fees

Compliance - Powerplay quoted me 3200 (not sure if tires are in the price)

Rego costs/taxes

What have I forgotten?

we are so offtopic here but...

I always allow $600 to $1000 for body damage touch ups - trucking and shipping are nasty things to do to a car with a kit (even without my last R33 cost be $700 to repair damage caused during shipping)

Then maybe $200 to $600 for mechanical work to get it standard - if you can't do it yourself - I have my car - but with the kit fitted it is just to low with the stock suspension - So I am going to have to refit the adjustable TEIN suspension that came with the car - and raise them.

But first I spent three days reconditioning them as they where rusty and the collars on 3 of them where ceased.

Then I have to refit the front bar and most likely take off the side skirts to get it through regency - along with taking off my BOV and swapping my R33 standard parts in.

I also need to work out why my horn does not work?

Also after regency - I will have to refit the BOV, the side skirts, the 18" rims, my turbo gauge, and my HID headlights, might lower her a little again! ;)

Bloody compliance cut out ( really savagely) my HID lights - and replaced with cheap arse standards! And from what I understand HID lights are rather expensive!

BTW - you may find that they might have to remove your front bar to ship your car to you!

Edited by ShadowKnyght

the side skirts and rear bar are the same as the base factory S2, its just the front bar is completely different and the rear bar has the dayz skirt.. bolt on to any standard rear bar

So is that true, that the S2 Dayz rear lower lip spoiler bit actually bolts on to the standard S2 rear bumper, even a S2 that wasn't optioned with the Dayz lip?

It's just that I was looking at a couple of photos and thought that it looked like the standard S2 bar had a different piece molded onto the bottom - pics follow:

s2_standard_bar.jpg

...notice the last sort of "crease" (as I'll call it) at the bottom, followed by a section which is kind of rounded underneath... sorry I'm not explaining very well... but on the Dayz version:

s2_dayz_bar.jpg

On the Dayz version it's definitely a two-piece affair... I am thinking of importing a lip spoiler but need to confirm that it will bolt up to the standard bar in the first picture.

Thanks...

daveb

DaveB - I think you will find that the lower lip overlaps the standard bumber along that crease line.

I agree, it appears to slot into the groove on the standard bar - fasteners on ends in the wheel arches?

Hi Mike,

I can probably supply the full bar for approx. $400 and the lip for $200 depending on quantity. If you wanted the full rear bar then I would need a factory rear bar to work off but of course the rear would then be around the $400 mark also.

thanks

so uys who is interested or is everyone all talk

Hi Mike,

I can probably supply the full bar for approx. $400 and the lip for $200 depending on quantity. If you wanted the full rear bar then I would need a factory rear bar to work off but of course the rear would then be around the $400 mark also.

thanks

so uys who is interested or is everyone all talk

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......bump

What car are the moulds being made from? Have you got a donor organised yet?

we have a donor car in syd but theese prices are from bribane.it would be good if someone up there could lend theirs or we can just do it from here in sydney.but is it worthwhile if nobody is interested.