SAU Community

On The Bright Side..

skybt1

Yeah, Dennis has seen the car in the flesh when he came to pick up a gearbox. Top bloke he is!! Although he reckons its got too many doors!

It still has an rb30 in it! The wheels look better with the centre caps on, calder make them take you off incase they fly off, as if they are just gonna fly off!!

Edited by skybt1

i have seen caps come off definitly!

can you get some pics of the engine setup?

ive been toying with the idea of an RB30 powered daily driver R30 sedan... the old fella across from me is probably selling his business, eventually he wants to sell the R30 he got back in 1986 (had front end damage, so he was one day gonna fix it)

i keep thinking of getting another R30 and put in a nice lightly modded Rb30 in it... they are just hassle free and easy to work with! plus millions of spares for them (unlike the L6 dotto engines grrr...) plus every aussie bob auto shop has a pile of engines out the back.... (so theyre not considered fkn GOLDMINES eh! dont have to pay $300 for a decent flowing head....)

Here are some pics of the bay, they are pretty crappy. Ill eventually get around to taking some better ones, but you get the idea from these anyway. There is so much room in the bay to work ok the car. Parts are easier to get and cheaper!! Might be the only rb30et powered r30 with standard manifolding?? Im not sure, but i always read about the plenum hitting the bonnet and people running custom plenums etc..

Image010.jpg

Image028.jpg

Cheers

looks ace.... gets my brains ticking!

i have spent so much time and effort on the L24e idea/project i just gotta follow through for now....

but one day that will be taken out and rebuilt... so i guess i will have to have SOMETHING rumbling away while im rebuilding the L24et aye!

dad reckons a CA18det would be good as fuel will be pretty $$$$ in a few years... but it will be a bit too "tame" off boost...

The way i look at it, if im gonna build something, im not gonna be looking for fuel economy. Keep the six in the skyline or if you are going to go 4cyl then definately an sr20 not a ca18. The silvia's boogy with these and with the r30 probably being lighter you could get one to up and go nicely! But definately an sr20!!

Then again, mine is not also that bad on fuel, is pretty crappy around town but once i hit the highway i get a good 500-550km to a tank. You just gotta drive the car off boost and you will be fine, as soon as you get that turbo working the fuel guage follows..

But Grasshopper, that would not be true to The Way of the Skyline. The FJ20 is the only 4 cylinder that should grace the engine bay of a Skyline...

So true. I got distracted by the ca18 and i forgot about the FJ! I take everything back!!

i was looking at putting an SR into the HR30 back in the day but for the cost of the half cut i was able to put in the rb20det plus every thing else and still had change...

the rb30e engines can be picked up nice and cheap these days and there are so many people who can wire it in its not funny.

I WANT THIS---> http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....161&hl=DR30

"....got my fj20 out of the dr30 for sale, complete, comes with, microtech, hand conrtoller, wiring loom, t3 turbo, manifold and dump pipe, rx7 550 cc injectors, aftermarket clucth never slips, (told it was a jim berry) 5 spd gearbox. the lot,

polished rocker cover and plenumn, very healthy engine

$2000 ono..."

remember the sexy 2 door blue DR30 that has been forsale a few times over the last couple of years? well this is the engine out of that!

post-32896-1189632211_thumb.jpg