SAU Community

Rb20det Rev Limiter?

abu

ps wolf ecus are shit for an rb application.

Clearly you don't know what you are talking about.

Like many have stated, after market ECU's or any other form of after market engine management is only as good as the tuner.

If the tuner doesn't knwo what he is doing, the ECU is useless.

People are only biast against certain brands/types of ECU's because they don't know how to tune them, or they find some other ECU type easier to tune.

Each tuner has a preference, if you tune what they are comfortable with you will get best results.

Its hardly true when you say a cetain type of ECU is "shit". Thats pretty single minded not to mention ignorant.

Do you have any evidence to back up your statement, as I and I am sure many others would be keen to hear why you believe wolf3d is a shit ECU for RB engines?

Ziaad

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

V4 I am referring to never used v500

I can have any ecu in my car and i have wired all of them motec autronic, wolf microtech and I run a remapped ecu in my car.

A wolf can be ok with plenty of dyno time but they still have shit timing control. Try me i am not uninformed I know a lot about ecu's

Clearly you don't know what you are talking about.

Like many have stated, after market ECU's or any other form of after market engine management is only as good as the tuner.

If the tuner doesn't knwo what he is doing, the ECU is useless.

People are only biast against certain brands/types of ECU's because they don't know how to tune them, or they find some other ECU type easier to tune.

Each tuner has a preference, if you tune what they are comfortable with you will get best results.

Its hardly true when you say a cetain type of ECU is "shit". Thats pretty single minded not to mention ignorant.

Do you have any evidence to back up your statement, as I and I am sure many others would be keen to hear why you believe wolf3d is a shit ECU for RB engines?

Ziaad

V4 I am referring to never used v500

I can have any ecu in my car and i have wired all of them motec autronic, wolf microtech and I run a remapped ecu in my car.

A wolf can be ok with plenty of dyno time but they still have shit timing control. Try me i am not uninformed I know a lot about ecu's

Again, an ECU is only as good as the tuner.

Someone who is familiar with the WOLF ECU and its functions would be able to pin point the idle issue and basically fix it with the required dyno time, where as if your not familiar with tuning WOLF or any other brand of ECU, it would obviously take you longer to fix the problem.

Maybe you cant tune WOLF for shit?

Edited by abu

Id be interested to know if its still the case...but Bullet, the guys that built the supercharged Lexus V8 powered MX5 based sports car used Wolf ECUs. They were able to get the car pawst emmissions too...so cant be too bad an ecu if you put the time into tuning them

i tend to shit at around seven, ive got my shift light set to 6,500 so it gives me time to react, higher than that and you start going down, much better shift and it kicks out sideways on the right surface :P

"i tend to shit at around seven, ive got my shift light set to 6,500 so it gives me time to react, higher than that and you start going down, much better shift and it kicks out sideways on the right surface"

I tend to shit in the morning about half an hour after my morning mocca

not sure why thats relavent though

"i tend to shit at around seven, ive got my shift light set to 6,500 so it gives me time to react, higher than that and you start going down, much better shift and it kicks out sideways on the right surface"

I tend to shit in the morning about half an hour after my morning mocca

not sure why thats relavent though

lol

More of a nice to know thing I reckon.

Edited by abu

i tend to shit at around seven, ive got my shift light set to 6,500 so it gives me time to react, higher than that and you start going down, much better shift and it kicks out sideways on the right surface :)

Thats pretty good.

How much power is your car making?

Just for further info for you.

I am pushing about 220BHP or 170ish rwkw out of mine. with stock turbo, fmic, chipped and tuned ecu, 3" straight through. fuel pump.

mine spikes at about 13-14psi then settles back to 10psi by 5500 rpm.

in first if i want to light it up i bounced it in first....other then that 2nd and 3rd etc...maybe about 6500-7000rpm.

I am pushing about 220BHP or 170ish rwkw out of mine. with stock turbo, fmic, chipped and tuned ecu, 3" straight through. fuel pump.

in first if i want to light it up i bounced it in first....other then that 2nd and 3rd etc...maybe about 6500-7000rpm.

Good results for stock turbo.

Who tunes it? Is it just running a REMAP?

Edited by abu

yeah not too bad...still pulls bugger all top end :S

Sam aka Dr Drift tuned it when he was up here.

yeah remap with chip and manual boost controller.

Thats not too bad then!

Does it struggle up top about 6,500 rpm + ?

Thats not too bad then!

Does it struggle up top about 6,500 rpm + ?

nah it doesnt struggle at all...just you feel the power fall off if you rev it that high...doesnt really struggle.

nah it doesnt struggle at all...just you feel the power fall off if you rev it that high...doesnt really struggle.

Oh ok awesome.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by abu

Hows the standard turbo running when it hits 13-14psi? Does it boost harder at all? or just run out of puff? Im running a R34 Turbo and was told only to turn it up to 12psi.... With the turbo spiking what boost controller are you using? I bought a turbotech boost controller and get no spike at all :)

Hows the standard turbo running when it hits 13-14psi? Does it boost harder at all? or just run out of puff? Im running a R34 Turbo and was told only to turn it up to 12psi.... With the turbo spiking what boost controller are you using? I bought a turbotech boost controller and get no spike at all :)

TURBOTECH boost controllers are awesome.

You can run you RB25 R34 turbo up to 14psi on an RB20 due to the fact the RB20 flows less than an RB25 (obviosly) so providing less strain on the turbo! :worship:

Many people running them on 14psi, making about 175 - 190rwkw with supporting modifications.

How does yours go on 12psi, do it rev out strong and hold till red-line?

Edited by abu

yeah well i turned it up a bit so its closer to 1 bar when it comes on just after 3000....and it hauls ass off....until about 6000- 6500...then it starts to die off a bit.

yeahs its good fun. i just using a home job controller...i have an ebc...but that will go on when the new engine does. :worship:

Yeah revs very strong! I get full boost at about 4000revs and it holds 12psi boost and goes hard up to 7500revs. I pulled 196rwkw on 12psi a few months ago. Might see what its like to run 14psi.... hmmm.....

196rwkw! Thats pretty good.

Apparently th R34 turbo is slightly larger than the R33 one, maybe thats why you got a better result.