SAU Community

R32 "big Brake Kit" (discs + Adapter Brackets)

Hey peoples... these were going to originally going to go on my R32 GTS-t (4door), but it is now for sale so i'm not going to bother...

The kit consists of:

2x 324mm or 330mm JZA80 Supra discs, RDA slotted items... (can't remember exactly... it's one of those sizes... 330mm from memory)

These discs are BRAND NEW, NEVER USED. They've been sitting in the cupboard for about a year... they still have the greasy film on them from the factory...

Also included is 2x custom laser cut steel brackets... 10 or 12mm thick steel... i don't have a ruler so i can't measure... needless to say they're very thick and beefy.

This kit will fit R32 GTSt's and the like, as well as silvias. Silvia's with 4 stud wheel patterns will need to drill 3 extra holes in the discs to suit (if you've got 4 stud)...

The only thing you need to supply to fit is a few bolts for each side, and a few washers (ie. steel plate with a hole drilled in it), the same thickness as the brackets! (easy)

These discs are huge... that's a 2L juice container for reference in the photo...

YOU WILL NEED AT LEAST 17" RIMS TO FIT THESE DISCS (and some 17" rims will not work, due to caliper clearance)

$400 for the lot, postage at your own expense. Pickup is fine. These costs me ~$450 for the discs alone a while back, and the brackets set me back about $80...

As an idea of their size, 32 GTR discs are 297mm... and they're still a decent size.

post-10015-1189688021_thumb.jpg

post-10015-1189688050_thumb.jpg

post-10015-1189688069_thumb.jpg

Where are you located?

What calipers are these for? Do these suit the 280mm rotor caliper or the 296mm rotor Caliper?

What is the distance from the face of the disk where the wheel sits on to the friction area of the disk?

Thankyou.

Where are you located?

What calipers are these for? Do these suit the 280mm rotor caliper or the 296mm rotor Caliper?

What is the distance from the face of the disk where the wheel sits on to the friction area of the disk?

Thankyou.

These are to suit the 32 GTS/t (and 300zx..? I'm positive they're 99% identical) calipers... as far as i know, GTR calipers *will not* fit. So that would make it the 280mm disc suiting calipers, i believe?

Do you mean the depth? I'll take lots of measurements tonight and paint them onto one of the images... :unsure:

wats the best price you can do delivered to vic 3103 mate?

cheers

Hmmm probably $420 posted.... allowing 15kg or so for weight, thats like ~$40 postage (regular, 4 days) once i take into account all the padding and boxes and all that... i'll confirm tommorow, taking a disc down to weigh it... provided postage isn't much more than that, $420 would be what im after (posted)...

Let me know if you're interested still :(

Bump! someone make me an offer... :(

Bump! I'll take of a rim/caliper and mock these up on my R32 GTSt to give you an indication of their size, and how the setup sits... If I get time, I'll also make up the mentioned washers to avoid any hassle/confusion for whoever buys this... :P

Cheers guys,

Christian

Sell discs separate?

Only if I can get a buyer for the brackets...

Here is an update in paint of what i mean by you will need 4 extra bolts, and 4 washers! It's from a top-down view, I hope it makes sense... I've also included a few photos of the part on the hub/strut (where the factory caliper mounts to) which is the same width/thickness that the washers need to be! it's ~10mm...

post-10015-1190707830_thumb.jpg

The brackets were made this way for strength reasons, you COULD run a skinnier bracket and have it running between the disc/strut, but personally I wasn't happy with that idea... (strength issues... personally, I don't want a caliper bracket that could potentially break off or crack! hence the extra thickness of these ones...). A few of these were made at the time, with one set being used on a sileighty track car pushing over 450rwhp, with no issues :D

The part I'm pointing to below, is the part where the caliper mounts to the hub. A washer will need to be made approximately the same thickness as this!

post-10015-1190708048_thumb.jpg

post-10015-1190708278_thumb.jpg

Another comparison shot against my r32 GTSt stock brakes:

post-10015-1190708321_thumb.jpg

post-10015-1190708349_thumb.jpg

Anyways I'll reply to pm's tonight! (got work!) :thumbsup: