SAU Community

The Sa Wasteland

Cubes

Ryan has the BEST example of how to set it up right with stock internals

Thanks man, not to mention an oil cooler and a few other tricks.

I've also never seen anything above 10 KNOCK so i know it's gonna last for ages. When it does go pop...it'll give me something to do :yes:

Edited by Ryanrb25

Damo, you have just demostrated a lack of knowledge of both myself and dan's car. Obviously you know nothing about our cars and what 300rwkw is like with our setup. My car is driven most days and has not seen a dyno in months apart from it's last tune. I think your small penis is blocking your memory mate, If you dont recall i have experience all kinds of turbo's with all types of setups, from stock power, to 200rwkw, to 260rwkw and now 300rwkw. It's ok...your just another Y-Generation punk you wants everything everyone else has right now when both dan and myself worked very hard to acomplish what we have today and when you can't get it or can't afford it, you bag them out to justify your lack of satisfaction in your own car. I would like to meet up with you sometime so you can say to both Dan and myself that our car's are only dyno queens and not suitable for the road. I would also like to take you for a drive through the hills and show you just how subtle or how aggressive you can be with 300+rwkw. It's obvious you haven't experienced it before. So before you go jumping at other people and bagging their pride and joy, just think that i've been in the game and had about 7-8 years behind the wheel of over 200+rwkw cars and done everything myself.

Thankyou.

i've experienced 300kw through the hills in a supra and it's managable! however, i know from just a few corners i cannot drive the car to it's limits! which is why Dan calls me a mouse for not cracking the 300kw mark :yes: so right now i'm aiming for just a few extra kws but for the amount i'm spending i can go for a similar set up to Dan's. i'm just keeping head room atm for the time i feel i can handle 300kw then i'll go for it.

Edited by nos man

I think even Ryan would agree that the performance he is seeing with that turbo is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what is achievable. I would say that the factory cams would be highly restricting with that turbo, set of 264 x 9.0 cams and a few more PSI and that setup could be seeing (depending on the rear housing size) 360>370+rwkw, but then you have to start to worry about the bottom end.

Edited by D_Stirls

Spent 3.5 hours painting my house last night. Hated every minute of it ;) Got another 2 hours to do tonight ... along with anice list of other "to-dos" from the missus :)

Hey, any chance someone can drive me from Ministry of Bass to Glen Osmond Road, Eastwood at 10am tomorrow? :D

I could catch a cab, but I hate cab drivers :yes:

gt35r 18psi 304rwkw

fantastic to drive. Can whisper around and it's fuel economical 500km to a tank or let hell break loose with the press of the go pedal. If someone wants to come for a drive to experience it rather than guess what it's like...your more than welcome.

thats crazy!

300rwkw and 500km's of juice..

i for one have been in his car with the 2871r and WOW...

and also with the 35r UNtuned and OMFG..

such a smooth and strong pull..

you know for one ryan i love your car for everything.

looks, setup, power, STEALTH and DIY..

alot of hard work and time...

but i think damo was reffering to CARA's car being a dyno queen. not yours or dan's.

was just stating that if you wanted 300+rwkw might have to choose a turbo similar to yours.

everything is driveable.....i added just over 100kw at the treads by adding a turbs....it is laggy off boost when you wanna get somewhere quickly..but on the other hand..i can happily drive around off boost and not have a problem...Also. as per my discussion with the wife...i'll be taking the 31 off the market

gt35r 18psi 304rwkw

fantastic to drive. Can whisper around and it's fuel economical 500km to a tank or let hell break loose with the press of the go pedal.

that is verrry impressive mate!

your car looks mint too

Firstly, Ryan, no need for that response towards Damo mate.......I read his post and it doesn't sound like he's having a go.

Setup is crucial ie. Andrew (Blue32) is a classic example of a response monster with 400awkw.....8cm turbos play a big role.

I've experienced other rides with slightly less power ie. 370awkw and they were lag monsters.

Dale was referring to an engine running out of breath with stock cams but having said that, even though stock cams won't give you the max potential as far as numbers and top end performance go, they will maintain the nimbleness and low end response that RB's are renown for. Once you start to increase durations and overlap, you always shift power up the rev range so Cara needs to decide what sort of ride she wants.

Don't get me wrong, you can have big cams, then go and play with valve timing to bring useable power back down again by decreasing the lobe overlap but remember that you're also playing with cylinder pressure now which also affects everyting from nimbleness to detonation.

EDIT: Can also be said, that's why there are so many variables between tuners, ie. different combinations of AFR's vs valve & ignition timing.....rarely will you find any 2 tuners that tune the same way, so find a good one and stick with him.

Bored shitless! What's the go for bthe weekend..?

I'll unfortunately be shifting some stuff to our new place :/

I'm doing some last minute stuff before our house inspection Saturday arvo, to help boost offers on sale.

Then (if I get my fmic silicon hoses in the post tomorrow at the latest) I'm doing some work to the Stagea.

And/or I'll be finishing some electrical work to my TL1000R (if I get my battery and relay in the post by tomorrow at the latest).

My weekend will be dictated by the house(s) and postage of go fast goodies!

dropping the 31 off sat morning to get a side pipe made for skids....working til 12....then gardening shit....also have to try and fit in time to fit some tyres to the rims i have to take up to stansbury...Sunday have to watch the kids play footy...then prolly more work in the yard

*sigh* I have to get ready to go up to Nurioopta (like 20k's of roadworks....) to do some paperwork, then after that I may be working in which I will finish at midnight (Work is also in the Barossa). After work I will be driving through a few twisties on the way home with 5-10degree air getting sucked in :/

Seeya tomorrow probably lol

C'mon sellers/suppliers/Aust Post! Where are my silicon fmic reducers, TLR battery, TLR relay and surveillance cameras???

Getting impatient now :/