SAU Community

Toombul Creek Carpark

RB120WHY

After attending the meeting last night at the Zillmere P.C.Y.C all efforts are positive. The Toombul shops bottom car park WILL be used as a new meeting point for Car Enthusiasts. The shops at Aspley where you all congregate now are soon to be closed for new construction work. The police are working in conjunction with us to find a better place to chillax with mates and fellow enthusiasts. Toombul shops has been spoken to and they welcome the use of the carpark. Keep an eye out for the next few weeks for flyers being handed out with reference to the final meeting for YOU as Car Enthusiasts to voice your ideas as to how you want it set up.

We are having this meeting on Tuesday night at 7.00pm 23rd of October at Zillmere PCYC where we will discuss ideas put forward by you. At the moment we are looking at a food/drinks van to be onsite run by a local charity group. I brought up "the bridge access" and everyone agreed that it needs looking at. There will be a story run in the local papers in the next couple of weeks outlining what is being done for us, so keep an eye out for that. It will be discussed at this final meeting what we require to make it work and be a safe environment for all who enjoy the car scene. Official first cruise night is scheduled for Thursday 1st November, so alot needs to be sorted by then.

So come and voice your opinion on what you as Car Enthusiasts want....

Whats being organised...

Food/drinks van

Police presence to stop anti social behaviour not to hand out defects

The rest is up to you, promo girls would be nice :drool:

If you act like a dickhead then you will be treated like one.

Zillmere PCYC

340 Zillmere Road - Zillmere

7.00pm Tuesday 23rd October

Cheers

Steve :burnout:

EDIT

No Meeting will be held tomorrow night 23rd October 2007 at PCYC Zillmere. All systems go! There will definately be a meet Thursday, November 1st at the Toombul carpark. So see you all there! And I stress, please don't bring any wankers, because if all goes well, this will definately be an ongoing event for Thursday night cruisers. If you have Any ideas or suggestions with regards to the night, for the future, then feel free to let us know :P

Edited by RB120WHY

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easy to sit there and speculate what will happen.... Come to the meeting on the 23rd and find out for yourself. Talk alongside other Car Enthusiasts with the same feelings as you.

The reason defects were handed out at Aspley and similar places is because the owners didn't want you there. At Toombul they are happy for us to go there and meet but with NO dickhead behaviour going on. Hence why the majority want the police presence, to stop this "hooning" and create a pleasant atmosphere. I have been in the car scene for 15 years and I have seen it diminish into a load of uncontrollable crap. If you want to go do skids and stuff then thats fine. It won't happen at Toombul without the cops arse raping the offender/s.

All I ask is that you come to the meeting to voice your concerns or, ideas for improvement of the new meeting place.

It's easy to sit there and speculate what will happen.... Come to the meeting on the 23rd and find out for yourself. Talk alongside other Car Enthusiasts with the same feelings as you.

The reason defects were handed out at Aspley and similar places is because the owners didn't want you there. At Toombul they are happy for us to go there and meet but with NO dickhead behaviour going on. Hence why the majority want the police presence, to stop this "hooning" and create a pleasant atmosphere. I have been in the car scene for 15 years and I have seen it diminish into a load of uncontrollable crap. If you want to go do skids and stuff then thats fine. It won't happen at Toombul without the cops arse raping the offender/s.

All I ask is that you come to the meeting to voice your concerns or, ideas for improvement of the new meeting place.

I dont want to hoon...I do all my stuff on the track where it belongs ..I couldnt give a sht what I drive on the street. Ive been to these things b4 only to get ambushed pulled over by the waiting cops up the road.

I dont want to hoon...I do all my stuff on the track where it belongs ..I couldnt give a sht what I drive on the street. Ive been to these things b4 only to get ambushed pulled over by the waiting cops up the road.

I agree 100%... It's people like us that get targeted because of the little shits that need to pull a skid. I was talking to a cop last night with regards to this exact matter. He said it's the response time.... By the time they get the complaint and get to the carpark the guy doing the skid has long gone. But they have to do their job because of the complaint so its the innocent ones that get f*ked, (people like us). With the police presence in the car park everyone will behave which means no one complains about skids and "hooning" and we all live happily ever after. The End.

We are just trying to help the people that actually are interested in cars. I'm not forcing you guys to come, but your support would mean this is not all for nothing. If it doesn't work, then at least we can say that we tried.

Edited by RB120WHY

I agree 100%... It's people like us that get targeted because of the little shits that need to pull a skid. I was talking to a cop last night with regards to this exact matter. He said it's the response time.... By the time they get the complaint and get to the carpark the guy doing the skid has long gone. But they have to do their job because of the complaint so its the innocent ones that get f*ked, (people like us). With the police presence in the car park everyone will behave which means no one complains about skids and "hooning" and we all live happily ever after. The End.

We are just trying to help the people that actually are interested in cars. I'm not forcing you guys to come, but your support would mean this is not all for nothing. If it doesn't work, then at least we can say that we tried.

good work...i hope it goes well

I brought up "the bridge access" and everyone agreed that it needs looking at.

I used to get my R33 over there no problems and it was quite low.

If you can get over the speed bumps leading in you'll be fine, slow and stead at an angle.

I used to get my R33 over there no problems and it was quite low.

If you can get over the speed bumps leading in you'll be fine, slow and stead at an angle.

I asked the officers if their car cleared the bridge and he said that it just scrapes but if taken slow there is no problems. But they agree the bridge needs fixing for the bodykit fraternity. We also had a brief chat about Lakeside as well. Ideas were thrown around for types of motorsport when the track is fixed. But thats another matter completely.

I will check out the bridge next time I travel past Toombul. But if your Skyline gets over ok then not much will need to be done to the bridge. Some money has been donated to the cause but i'm not sure how much and weather it will be put on the bridge or not.

So whats to stop them waiting till everyones over the bridge and then blocking it off and doing a car by car inspection???

Hope your right, and this is a positive step forward for car enthusists... But it sounds a bit like a trap to me...

Call me old fashioned but the Police have "NEVER" openlly allowed activities like this before... I hope im wrong...

I live just around the corner, great location if they fix the bridge up and the stupidity is kept to a minimum. But it's a hard thing to manage.

Will keep an eye on this, need more civilized northside car stuff :thumbsup:

So whats to stop them waiting till everyones over the bridge and then blocking it off and doing a car by car inspection???

Hope your right, and this is a positive step forward for car enthusists... But it sounds a bit like a trap to me...

Call me old fashioned but the Police have "NEVER" openlly allowed activities like this before... I hope im wrong...

Everyone come in other cars.

Leave your nice cars ar home, get a lift ,ride a bicycle or catch a bus.

then see what happens.

If you come to the meeting and talk about your concerns you will find out that the Cops are allowing us to be there because Toombul allow us to be there. If you all start doing skids and it gets out of control (like Aspley) then it will be shut down. Thats why we have asked for Police presence to stop the wankers from ruining it for everyone, AGAIN. What people do away from the carpark is up to them, but please don't shit in the nest. So come and talk about exactly what you are typing in this thread so your vote can be counted...

ZILLMERE PCYC

Zillmere Road

7.00pm 23rd October

see edit first post

Edited by RB120WHY

The problem is not the majority Steve, its the minoirty...

Im sure 99% of the people there just wanta talk and hang out, like Aspley used to be 7-8 years ago...

But all it takes is one knob to drop a skid and the police will come down on everyone like a tonne of bricks...

You need to understand that you cannot control the minority, just be prepaid for some smuck to spoil it for everyone...

But i really hope it works well for everyone, hopefully the police can just sit back doing nothing. Then if some knob drops a skid they jump and and punish the tool.

Without taring everyone else with the same brush...

The problem is not the majority Steve, its the minoirty...

Im sure 99% of the people there just wanta talk and hang out, like Aspley used to be 7-8 years ago...

But all it takes is one knob to drop a skid and the police will come down on everyone like a tonne of bricks...

You need to understand that you cannot control the minority, just be prepaid for some smuck to spoil it for everyone...

But i really hope it works well for everyone, hopefully the police can just sit back doing nothing. Then if some knob drops a skid they jump and and punish the tool.

Without taring everyone else with the same brush...

This is exactly what is going to happen. Police WILL be inside the park but they will be working WITH us. This is what we are trying to achieve so the innocent don't get raped.

good idea.. i can see where your comming from .. but mind you some looser will ruin the nite i will be there in my stocko audi hehe :D family cars are best sleepers :w00t: i do hope this goes well for the better !!

i reckon they should have a hoons DB .. anyone who does repeated offences should go in there :D target them not the "innocents"

Edited by 53XYN