SAU Community

Exhaust Gasket Paper

ACTIV32

hey guys just wondering if someone knows wear i can get some exhaust gasket paper from the (metal one)

as i need only a bit to make some for my flanges i have made its for my dump pipe ive custom made a screamer pipe to face the floor and ive also made an attachment that has i going back into the 3" front pipe to make it legal again anyway back to the suject if any one has some or knows where to get some letr us know thanks in advance

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

hey mate i used to get some of that exhaust gasket paper from auto1. Its a metal gasket with some weird outer layer so it doesnt look like metal until u cut it.. its pretty cheap and works ok... i dont recomend using it all the time as mine used to burn after a month or 2... its too thin...

u can get a proper gasket from midus for like $7...

yeh true but ur quickest and best bet is midas exhaust centre... they have all sizes in stock ready to go. and they are all a generic gasket, meaning they can be slightly modified to fit most flanges. ie they will get the closest match then one hole will be elongated... plus they are cheap.

repco never have any in stock

Edited by mass_iv

How do you guys go cutting the stuff? I had a hell of a time, tried using a grinder and no dice. :S

I bought a VL exhaust manifold gasket ~$8 and tried to swap around a couple of the ports but as it turned out it was slightly off centre anyway so my port matching of the manifold/head etc would have gone to waste. + I couldn't cut it. :P

I ended up tracking down a gen nissan rb26 gasket for next to nothing on ebay, cut and then used that.

• 3 weeks later...