SAU Community

Bells Line Cruise

Black Widow

Hey everyone, well as the title states i am organising a cruise down bells line to the famous Mount Panorama. I'm thinkin of the 15/12 at this stage. but here's some rough details:

Date: 15/12/07

Time: leave maccas 8am approximately...sorry i know its early...its probably gonna turn alot of people away

Meet-up Destination: Mcgraths Hill Maccas

Arrival Destination: Mount Panorama (Bathurst)

please don't mess this cruise up by driving like idiots. I'm getting NS.com (since i own a silvia lol) involved to, and by all means if you know anyone that would like to come (they don't need to drive a silvia or skyline, or even a nissan) by all means bring them along.

Hopefully i can get some massive interest for this and we can all just have a good time.

Cheers guys :down:

If anyone needs to contact me my number is 0410-803-199. Give me a yell

People that i think are coming so far:

slverbullet

SAM916

Bazzie

GTS4WD

Knight666 - bringing AE86, R32 gtst, VT Commodore

EDS3T

FATAZZ

Terminal (meeting us in bathurst)

Edited by NG0387

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah im down for it,

ill bring my r31, and some mates, s13, ae86, r32 gtst, vt commodore

we should try and get together NGO387 i live close by and organise a little better like cruise routes, meeting place stops stuff like that im available tonight if ya wana meet somewhere and talk it through.. .

or call me on 0403659358

Yeah im down for it,

ill bring my r31, and some mates, s13, ae86, r32 gtst, vt commodore

we should try and get together NGO387 i live close by and organise a little better like cruise routes, meeting place stops stuff like that im available tonight if ya wana meet somewhere and talk it through.. .

or call me on 0403659358

for sure mate. i'll give you a call sometime. It may not be for a few weeks tho cos i'm actually goin on holidays for 2 weeks next week so yeah.

but yeah i'm always up for meeting people from the area who are in to cars cos i moved here from bathurst last year and dnt really know anyone down here apart from my fiance and her friends

Just so you guys know...

yep, thats right... the RTA have now slowed down Bells Line 100kph zones to 80kph...

no more fast windy roads :happy:

It's a slow road to Windsor

The RTA sprung a surprise on motorists yesterday with a major reduction in the speed limit along virtually the entire length of the Bells Line of Road.

All 100 kph limits have now been reduced to 80.

But the overnight change left most motorists confused as there had been no advance notification or consultation, at least at the western end of the Bells Line.

Even the police Highway Patrol had not been advised of the change and resultant new rules of engagement with errant motorists.

The first time most motorists became aware that changes were afoot was when RTA variable message boards appeared last week indicating that speed changes would take effect from November 5.

But adding to the confusion was the fact that while signs were facing west bound traffic at Mt Tomah and west of Bell, the first illuminated sign for east bound traffic was at Mt Wilson.

This was despite the fact that east bound out of Lithgow the previous 100 limit began on the Chifley Road at Dargan.

Lithgow police confirmed yesterday that they were not aware of the speed limit changes.

But in a statement released yesterday morning the RTA said it was reducing a number of speed limits along Bells Line of Road to provide more consistency and to improve road safety.

A spokesman for the Parramatta office said speed limits in NSW, as in other parts of Australia, are determined by a number of factors including the surrounding conditions, road alignment, road usage, adjacent development, vehicle types and volumes, crash history and the number of access points along the route.

The speed reductions will consolidate the 22 speed zones along the Bells Line of Road to 18 zones.

This 72 kilometre length of road has had 706 crashes in a five year period resulting in seven fatalities and 354 injuries.

“These speed limit reductions will not only improve road safety but will also provide consistent 60 kmh speed zones through residential and commercial areas and a consistent 80 kmh on rural stretches,” the spokesman said.

As a result, motorists will find it easier to know and comply with these limits.

The existing fixed speed camera at Kurrajong Heights is installed in a 60 kmh zone and the speed limit will not be reduced.

The 100 kph speed limit will only be provided on higher quality lengths of rural road.

The RTA will also upgrade the number and size of speed limit signs along the entire length of Bells Line of Road.

These speed limit reductions in conjunction with additional repeater signs and curve advisory signs are expected to provide significant road safety benefits on Bells Line of Road.

The spokesman said motorists were being advised of the imminent reduction in the speed limit through the use of fixed trailer Variable Message Signs along Bells Line since last week.

:thumbsup:

Also if this is still going ahead, We've got bout 1/2 a dozen R31 lads keen to join in - they're all well behaved, We did this cruise in July. (26ish cars)

Meet point opp Richmond RAAF:

IMG_2053.jpg

Mt Panorama picnic spot:

179.jpg

Conrod:

231.jpg

Got Backflip? :sorcerer:

RTA puts Bells Line speed limit changes on hold

Posted Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:05am AEDT

The Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA) will go back to the drawing board over controversial speed changes proposed for the Bells Line of Road.

Last week, the RTA announced it was introducing a maximum speed limit of 80 kilometres an hour on the road through the Blue Mountains.

The changes would consolidate 22 speed zones to 18.

The RTA said the slower speed limits would help reduce accidents on the Bells Line where there have been seven fatal accidents in the past five years.

However, the Central West Regional Organisation of Councils (CENTROC) said it was a bandaid solution, while other groups criticised the lack of consultation.

The RTA has now put the changes on hold, while further discussions are held with stakeholders, including police and local councils.

Until the consultation process is complete, the old speeds will remain in place.

CENTROC chairman John Davis says CENTROC still believes the speed reduction is the wrong way to tackle road safety.

"We're always concerned that bringing the speed limit down to 80 across the Bells Line of Road was a bandaid solution and wasn't appropriate, I didn't think, anyway," he said.

• 2 weeks later...