SAU Community

Defected With A Valid Rwc?

bryyy

Hey guys, recently received a major defect which requires a RWC, however I just got a RWC 1-2 weeks ago, hence it is still valid.

If I just take the RWC cert into vicroads will they let me clear the defect? Or does the RWC have to be obtained after the date of defect?

Cheers, bry

Assuming that the RWC is still valid (i think they are valid for 30 days but could be wrong) then take it together with the defect notice to whoever issued you the RWC.

They need to determine if the items listed on the defect notice were covered by the original RWC and were not overlooked.

If they were overlooked then those items need to be fixed, if the RWC issuer feels that they were covered then you can go to Vic Roads and show them your RWC.

Note: you are doing the issuer of the RWC a favour by doing this b/c if you went to Vic Roads and just showed them the RWC and the items listed on the defect notice were in fact overlooked on the RWC, then the mechanic/workshop could be investigated (esp if there have been other instances like this by this workshop) and could potentially lose their RWC licence.

So it is in the best interest of the RWC workshop to fix any items at little or no expense to you given that they overlooked this in the first place and have inconvenienced you now and b/c you are doing them a favour by not going straight to Vic Roads.