SAU Community

A/c Regas Time...

jake33

SAU group by. haha. Bayswater is unchartered territory for me.. dunno if i would come out alive. joke.

sorry should have been alittle more specific. im North East subs. Templestowe, Eltham, Doncaster ect..

guessing around the $100 price bracket.

anyone recommend around there??

cheers

SAU group by. haha. Bayswater is unchartered territory for me.. dunno if i would come out alive. joke.

sorry should have been alittle more specific. im North East subs. Templestowe, Eltham, Doncaster ect..

guessing around the $100 price bracket.

anyone recommend around there??

cheers

let me know where you go as im in 'the areas' as well.

Well worth getting a leak test on your system, otherwise the refrigerant will leak out again. Large leaks can cause a loss of charge in no time at all! some smaller leaks could be as little as a fue ounces per year. Most leaks occur on the high side of the system including condenser coil and o ring fittings. Compressor discharge and suction hoses are also another major leak point. Laws on control of ozone depleting Refrigerant gas including HCFC R134a prohibit a leaking system to simply be recharged hence it is against the law to re gas refrigeration systems including car A/C without leak repairs.

^ thanks for tech talk..interesting

just after places locally where i can just throw it in, do whatever they have to do, and get it back

Edited by jake33

yeah I got my a/c fixed at Protek a year or 2 ago.. still needs to be fixed.

Thank god my head gasket went just before last Summer so I was driving another car during the 30deg+ heat.

Graham at Albert St Automotive in Preston is really honest and does cheap general mechanical work (wheel bearings, servicing, RWs etc) but I think they get contractors to do their electrical stuff.. still cheap though.

Regent Electrical... or something like that.. it's on High St in Preston on the hill.. they do a/c repairs (alot) and didn't charge me to test my a/c and offer some solutions, they seem pretty honest.. (though I haven't had any work done there)

Thank god my head gasket went just before last Summer so I was driving another car during the 30deg+ heat.

Graham at Albert St Automotive in Preston is really honest and does cheap general mechanical work (wheel bearings, servicing, RWs etc) but I think they get contractors to do their electrical stuff.. still cheap though.

Regent Electrical... or something like that.. it's on High St in Preston on the hill.. they do a/c repairs (alot) and didn't charge me to test my a/c and offer some solutions, they seem pretty honest.. (though I haven't had any work done there)

cool. thanks for your help Kaz.

Preston aint too far at all. ill sus it our over the weekend.

might have to bring out the ol' phone book and do a ring around too.

the place kaz was talking about is regal auto electrics: 793 high st reservoir 94703811

they do regas there but from past experiences of getting elec type stuff done, they were pretty pricey.

where abouts are u located? there is a a/c workshop opposite racepace in bayswater i think - i got my a/c regassed there

would they go to racepace to do it or i have to drop the car at their workshop???

dont wanna to leave my car at any workshop other than racepace....

would they go to racepace to do it or i have to drop the car at their workshop???

dont wanna to leave my car at any workshop other than racepace....

you leave it there...to regas it took something like an hour and a half....i went for a walk, got something to eat, and came back, and it was done :)

edit: the place is called KSR Air conditioning - 9762 1011 (the guy's name is Keith)