SAU Community

How Long To Fit

antsr33

Hi there

i just a bought a new exhaust . . . trust power extreme 11 CAT BACK for my R33

Rang up the mechanics and they said it would take about 2.5 hours to fit!!

Do you guys think this a little long for this job

thanks

does seem a tad long. mine took about 45mins cos they had to stuff around getting the cat to fit cos it was bent. same catback. you shouldn't have a prob. but they quote that just in cas they cant do it right away or if they have any unforseen probs. always better to do it in less time than you quote than more is their veiw

how much are they charging you for it? it might not take 2.5 hours but they might allow that for working on other cars/hickups along the way. any more than about $50-70 then take ur car somewhere else

biggest joke ever. takes me ten minutes tho i have a hoist and power tools.

take whatever the shop wants to charge you to fit it and go to supercheap and buy a jack, 2 stands and some tools.

go home and it will take u an hour if ur slow and its ur first go

id love to have a chat to the guy who quoted you that, see exactly what he thinks takes so long lol

$270 wtf?! i paid $890 for my mechanic to source the catback and fit. they sell for about that most places. def go somewhere else and take any further quotes from this dude with a pinch or three of salt

Wot a rip. Took me 30mins to fit without a hoist.. as said above, with powertools and a proper hoist, they'd get it off and on in about 10-15 minutes provided they don't need to weld anything.

As already stated that is a massive joke.

It is a 10 minute job once on the hoist.

Might take a little longer if they need to wait for your exhaust to cool down but that is not labour.

2 bolts to undo then slide the rubber out of the hangers, 5 minutes and she is off. same for re-installing it. Ok its exhaust the bolts could rusted so you may have to spend extra time or maybe snap the bolts , its still easy , just use new bolts . Drive in -drive out max 30 minutes, go to any exhaust shop and they will do it for $50-$80, including a new gasket and 2 new bolts .