SAU Community

ACT police defecting blitz

As you may have seen around ACT roads or on the news, Canberra police and the RTA are on an inspection/defecting blitz. On the way home from work on sunday morn, i saw a police road stop at the end of the monaro highway going towards civic (the new road section). All the cars that went through were getting inspected. From what the news was saying tonight, there have been many defects and cars taken off road.

Be careful with your cars

*runs and get brake light fixed*

yes i have noticed all the abandoned cars lying around the side of the road beacause the police have been checking redgos and taking plates, i have missed them so far, i havent really got any defects ( i hope, the cars stock xcept a muffler and mags)but i know police, if they want to get you for something they will try very hard, damn having a p plate sucks, they follow me till they get bored then they pull me over and breathalise me and check my redgo.

This cop pulled me over the other day, and he asked me questions like, "this your car", as if i stole it or bought it with drugs or something??

This part really got me, he asked the standard, "you had any drinks tonight" i reply "no", and the cop says " whats that mean not in the last 15 minutes", bloody smart arse, i swear they get disapointed when they dont ping you for something.

Geordie, we've all been pulled over and checked out (I hadn't driven my car 10 ks before I was pulled over!) but I don't mind them tailing me, etc. I'd like to think that if someone stole my line and the cops pulled them over that I'd be able to get it back in one piece. If there have to be a few false alarms in the meantime, well that's OK.

I also like to think that while they're following me, they're thinking "Boy, wish I was driving one of those instead of this crappy Commodore".

Sg.

HHHhhmmmmmmm......i like that point about if someone stole my car, thats very good thinking, i am a very narrow minded person...it was just so obvious how this only turned around once he saw my car, and the way he spoke to me....but yeah now that i think about it, the only reason he turned around is coz he loves them 4 round tail lights and just had to have a look;)

• 2 weeks later...

I must say that of late the cops & RTA in Canberra seem to be pulling over more old bombs and less P platers and modded/imported cars.

The other day I was driving along in Phillip and there was a big defect station. I was all ready to pull over and they waved me and the S15 behind me straight through! Maybe the boys in blue are starting to understand that rusty bombs with no brakes and bald tyres are a little more dangerous then a new magna with P plates! lol :P