SAU Community

Newbies

Hi All,

Checking in from the West Indies (Caribbean).

Paid for my 09 V36 250GT and impatiently waiting for it to get here.

post-88720-0-33926500-1321381930_thumb.jpg

First order of business is a spray job - Black Obsidian

• 2 weeks later...

g'day fellas

looking to buy a V-series soon, first forray into Jap cars and looking forward to it! Currently driving a 67 mustang coupe having doing a ground up rebuild want to get into something different. Fell in love with the 350z's and after finding the V-series for cheaper decided she was the car for me.

At the moment im looking at a 2003 V35 350gt. any advice?

Good day Ronan, I can see you are a man of good taste having a stang. My bro had a '69 fastback. Good move to what I reckon style wise is a modern mustang. The only advise I would suggest for a grey import is to try to get one thats not modified. That way you know what you are getting and can get alot of info here. & obviously you can mod your own way later.All the best, look forward to seeing some nice pics.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys/girls,

Bought mine not too long ago, still mostly stock (doesn't have even have the FM extender in it). Can't wait to save up more money so I can do bad things to it ;)

post-89663-0-52756900-1324080302_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys!

This is my first post on here. I have just put a deposit down and will be picking up my second car on friday....

A 2004 350GT Premium (Manual)

Just going to start off slow (famous last words) get a set of nice matte silver dished rims, coilovers. Then down the track hopefully pick up a plenum spacer and exhaust system, sways etc.

First up will be some iridium spark plugs and new leads and a k&n panel.

Anyway guys, hoping to attend some cruises and meets :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Sam

post-90181-0-98050300-1326621430_thumb.jpg

Hi Everyone

Will pickup my 2003 V35 350Gt premium model on monday. Just a quick question, if i replaced the whole head unit and screen with a carputer and a touchscreen, is there a way to still get all the Trip car info, ETC as per origin

cheers

Fred

Hey guys!

This is my first post on here. I have just put a deposit down and will be picking up my second car on friday....

A 2004 350GT Premium (Manual)

Just going to start off slow (famous last words) get a set of nice matte silver dished rims, coilovers. Then down the track hopefully pick up a plenum spacer and exhaust system, sways etc.

First up will be some iridium spark plugs and new leads and a k&n panel.

Anyway guys, hoping to attend some cruises and meets :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Sam

Hi All

Long time member but not a bigger poster.

Have owned my V35 300GT for about 2 years find them to be a great car and the Skyline Ozzie pages to in invaluable for info in reagrds to these cars.

Skylines Downunder (NZ) hasn't got a big following of these cars yet so I'm always having to look else where.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all I'm new to Skyline Australia. As well and I own a v36 2007 Skyline 350gt and love it I just wish I found then earlier if any body out there has any info on these cars ie performance upgrades of any other advice I'd love to hear from you or if anyone needs advice. Let me know :domokun:

Hi all can someone out there help I'm driving myself nuts trying to find replacement inner door handle inserts for my v36 sedan we all know these pain in the ------- parts that get scratched very easily I've herd you can get aluminum ones can anyone help with this or does anyone know a fix for this problem :whi :thanks: stling:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I'm not new to this forum, as I have spent many hours in my younger years reading SAU threads; However, I am a new member.

My name is Marie and I live in VIC. Bought my V 2 weeks ago now and just wanted to share a pic with you ...Its a 2003 model 5spd auto V35 w/ premium pack.

Looking forward to bugging you all for advice when I need it...and can't wait to be part of the next VIC cruise !!!

Cheers

-Marie

post-90807-0-95090700-1329262628_thumb.jpg

Hi Everyone

Just picked up my 03 V35 350GT.

Love the car so far.

Just filled her up after getting about 380kms from a full tank. Is that normal for these cars?

It doesn't really surprise me, I used to drive a 3L 2JZ soarer and only got about 400kms from a full tank.

Anyway, i hope to learn a lot about this great car from the people on this forum.

Thanks

post-91741-0-58256800-1329476098_thumb.jpg

depends on how you drive. I get about 12.5L/100km with all city driving in summer (better in winter), so I theoritically could get about 620km per tank, but the fuel light normally comes on at about 500km. That is a 350GT 6sp sedan.

If your right foot is a bit heavy, the economy will drop off fairly quickly.

My wife gets around 650km per tank driving her 350GT auto against rush hour traffic 5 (sometimes 6) days a week whilst running the aircon full time. Sounds like you might be just a little heavy of the loud pedal, the car is badly in need of a tune, or both. We always run 98ron fuel, never 95 or 91. When I picked up the car from NSW and drove it back to QLD I got 800km!