SAU Community

Newbies

On 19/11/2022 at 4:40 PM, Jack151 said:

Hi 

I was looking at buying a 2004 Nissan skyline 350gt V35 Auto with 115,000km

Supposedly imported back in 2013 by a small import business there’s only been 1 owner 

also would I have to get engine parts from Japan or can you use all parts from the 350z 

Thanks 

Ps This Forum rocks 

Ive had my 05, GT350 premium for 15 years!. And have had little problem with it. My regular mechanic does the servicing. The common issues with these cars are:-

1. Door locks. Nissan ones don’t last so an aftermarket universal brand are much stronger.

2. The clock spring (behind steering wheel).Need to replace with a genuine replacement. 
3. Airbag warning light- easily reset with ignition procedure. But you need to find out whats causing the problems.(Usually something to do with seat wiring or other electrical problem. 

Cuong (Michael) at Revolution Electronics in Revesby, Sydney, knows these cars better than anyone. He done the door locks & clock spring, he even replaced the radio tuner the compliers put in with a better one when I first got it. He does everything in Minutes- its unbelievable how quick he is and he is very reasonable.

Other than these Ive had no other issues other than ones I cause myself such as not seeing/ removing the dirt off the tray under radiator which killed it!. I used Alexandria Radiators here in Syd as they made the only good replica at the time(fans too) for a very reasonable price. Genuine used to be 1600+ dont know now maybe cheaper..

good luck hope you get a decent one

cheers

elie

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone so i joined this forum looking for some help on my 2010 nissan skyline 250gt..so the the day i bought it after awhile of driving i noticed coolant leaking..with further inspection it was leaking around the thermostat area out of a small hole…i started to overheat and a check engine light came on trying to make it back home..after two days the leaking suddenly stopped(coolant was always full) but still over heating..i went to a mechanic and they found that my thermostat was stuck and cut the spring out so its always open(i live in a warm climate) after testing the vehicle it still overheat but this time the right intake is significantly louder that the left and radiator hose is rock hard to the touch while the reservoir is boiling over and the car is also misfiring..is that a sign the head gasket is bad or somethings else

Edited by Kesh20

If it was “leaking from a small hole”..why didn’t your mechanic seal that ???. 

You need to see another mechanic. One thing at a time. If you have leaks they need to be fixed. If the radiator hose/s are no good -replace it!. Then check your oil - if its milky/got water in it, you’ve probably got a blown head gasket. 

• 10 months later...

Hi All,

Brought a 4 Door 2013 Skyline 370GT Type-S in November last year. Absolutely loving the car, noticed a few audio issues speakers cutting in and out and the 12V circuit seems to be completely dead (after checking and swapping the fuses) but just wanted to say Hi 

Edited by OBwen
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Recently got handed down a 2004 Skyline 350GT Coupe. I would like to change the wheels as the previous owner installed some weird ones. The current ones are 215/45ZR18, unsure of the offset, and sit pretty deep in. Would like to increase the ground clearance slightly as well as I need to get it roadworthy standard, currently sitting at 90mm. Was thinking that maybe I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone by getting new wheels. 

Pictures of current wheels: https://imgur.com/bg1QMIu

Any recommendations for the types of wheels I should be on the lookout for? Like the maximum and minimum offset, sidewall height, width, etc. 

Sorry in advance if I'm noob, I do not know much about cars other than how to change the oil, a blown tyre and brakepads....

41 minutes ago, carnoobb said:

Hi everyone,

Recently got handed down a 2004 Skyline 350GT Coupe. I would like to change the wheels as the previous owner installed some weird ones. The current ones are 215/45ZR18, unsure of the offset, and sit pretty deep in. Would like to increase the ground clearance slightly as well as I need to get it roadworthy standard, currently sitting at 90mm. Was thinking that maybe I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone by getting new wheels. 

Any recommendations for the types of wheels I should be on the lookout for? Like the maximum and minimum offset, sidewall height, width, etc. 

Sorry in advance if I'm noob, I do not know much about cars other than how to change the oil, a blown tyre and brakepads....

Hi and best of luck with your car. Its a bit hard to tell how low the car is all round from that pic or if its been lowered or not. 90mm is a bit low on the front apron but it depends on the shocks & springs condition & whether or not its been lowered. Going to 19” wheels will give you 15-20mm depending on rubber but you might need new shocks. Mine -2005 are weeping fluid slightly but have lasted 19years!!. So if yours are original they need replacing anyway if they havent been touched before.

17 hours ago, ELFGT350 said:

Hi and best of luck with your car. Its a bit hard to tell how low the car is all round from that pic or if its been lowered or not. 90mm is a bit low on the front apron but it depends on the shocks & springs condition & whether or not its been lowered. Going to 19” wheels will give you 15-20mm depending on rubber but you might need new shocks. Mine -2005 are weeping fluid slightly but have lasted 19years!!. So if yours are original they need replacing anyway if they havent been touched before.

Do you reckon 235/45/19 and 245/45/19 tyres would fit onto the 350GT? The wheels also have a +36 offset on all of them.

19 hours ago, carnoobb said:

Hi everyone,

26 minutes ago, carnoobb said:

Do you reckon 235/45/19 and 245/45/19 tyres would fit onto the 350GT? The wheels also have a +36 offset on all of them.

Im sure they do because some shops asked to fit exactly that on mine, but I don’t know the clearances on your car or if its been lowered.  
Your best best is to take it to a wheel & tyre shop (or try asking them) if you can get it registered as it is they will have all the answers. If you do go bigger just remember your speedo will become understated - this is why I won’t run different sizes to oem (that & I dont like to overload steering/ joints etc- even if it is very minor increase). You can change the adaptor on the speedo cable to the gearbox to get the speedo right too. Just depends on what you got planned for it. If you’re happy to leave it sitting down and just run around with bigger wheels assuming they fit / not bottom out- its not a problem at all.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2024 at 1:02 PM, carnoobb said:

Do a search on facebook marketplace for V35 wheels. should be able to find some cheap ones to get it on the road

215/45/18 tyres are probably a little on the low side compared to the factory tyre, it should be closer to a 245/45/19, which will get you about an extra 11mm of height, and should make you speedo read a bit closer to reality.

245/45/19s will be a bit too far the other way and you risk a speeding ticket as your speedo might read slower than your actual speed.  245/40/19s would be correct if you are going to 19in rims, they will give you a similar total diameter to the 245/45/18 tyres.

1 hour ago, sonicii said:

215/45/18 tyres are probably a little on the low side compared to the factory tyre, it should be closer to a 245/45/19, which will get you about an extra 11mm of height, and should make you speedo read a bit closer to reality.

245/45/19s will be a bit too far the other way and you risk a speeding ticket as your speedo might read slower than your actual speed.  245/40/19s would be correct if you are going to 19in rims, they will give you a similar total diameter to the 245/45/18 tyres.

Thanks for all the replies! I also wanted to ask if wheels that were fitted on Ford Falcons would fit the 350GTs as well? In the area I'm at there aren't that many options for secondhand wheels and new ones here are way out of my budget. From what I've seen, most of the wheels that are available that were fitted on Ford Falcons have an offset of +33 to +36, with a centre bore of 70.5mm whereas the stock 350GT's ones are 66mm, can't seem to find any hubcentric rings that fit that difference though.