SAU Community

Newbies

Hey all, been an SAU member for a LONG time but never actually owned a Nissan.... Now I'm finally part of the family with a 2009 370GT Type S Sedan :D

It's just rolled off the boat, about to be complied... eagerly waiting >_<

TPowbwA.jpgvaqmLOC.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have been on a few different forums over the years ns.com/hardtuned, evolutionoz etc recently joined here after picking up a 03 V35 6MT premium off car sales at the start of this month and have been scrolling this section ever since good to know there's plenty of info on the car around the place.

Previous owner was on this forum also some of you may know Alvin or username interfooler he kept the car really well and I am very happy with it not as fast as some of my other cars EVO/Clubsport or even the Silvia's but a nice all round daily!

Some pics after it had a quick detail on the weekend:

828161AC-F1DA-41E6-8C5A-36B1202CF7E4.jpg

4DC3D345-8CF9-4130-AA38-C4FA019B5F5B.jpg

70FEDD4B-302A-4254-A8FC-F5F26854E6A5.jpg

56D43171-1A0B-438A-BD04-96404F1F1B7A.jpg

196F9F1E-9AAE-4ED2-8854-EF608FEC92C7.jpg

Future plans for the car include English conversion on screen, TV tuner and possible gps through same screen, iPod/USB input, wider lower offset wheels in 19" probably 9.5/10 combo if not all round, lowered on coils, HFC and cat back system of some sort, rear window spoiler, z-tube, MD spacer, already has a k&n panel filter so will keep that in place, up rev tune if can find anyone in Melbourne and that's about it.

And just another pic of my next to a mates car (who picked it up two days after seeing mine lol)

DD566D67-2702-4250-8CB3-D852DF553CCF.jpg

• Like 2

Very tidy looking V. I love those headlights. You got separate LEDS fitted down the parkers?

These cars are faster than most people think.It is faster than my R33gtst by some margin. Sure it doesnt have the poke of a clubby or an evo but its not 6 litres or an outright sports car but the ride handling is balance is far better than both. As for the Silvia how much boost were you running!!

Goodluck with it and the mods an keep as posted cheers!

• Like 1

Very tidy looking V. I love those headlights. You got separate LEDS fitted down the parkers?

These cars are faster than most people think.It is faster than my R33gtst by some margin. Sure it doesnt have the poke of a clubby or an evo but its not 6 litres or an outright sports car but the ride handling is balance is far better than both. As for the Silvia how much boost were you running!!

Sikahalv rates this.

:D

Edited by Sikahalv

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers mate! Yes they're LED's but there aren't aftermarket they are part of the headlight which previous owner bought in a group buy off this forum (if I can remember from searching was organised through Jesse Streeter from japan) friends are the same but just black housings instead of chrome.

Yes they are surprisingly quick and smooth once up and running I find they just feel slow on take off feel heavy etc but as you said it's like comparing apples to oranges with the EVO etc.. Handling is great and more comfortable than above mentioned cars! I am enjoying it but will look to get a little more poke from it in future.

200rwkw on the Silvia, 250at all 4 on the EVO and 270rwkw on the clubby! Not major number all pretty conservatively tuned. I will look to do a build thread in future possibly once I start getting some parts and things done, although I have to try and keep a car for a longer period than in the past I've been through about 12 different cars in the past few years.

Trae

Yeah I know what you mean when you first launch- the cars have that slow feel. The clutch/ big wheels make it real tricky to balance a good take off. Also I would say the low pressure piston rings for economy also play a big, big part. Its very different to driving a big 8 or a sports or R type car that are designed for more instant response More so when you add autos.

Its also the reason car is good on open roads I got 12.25 /l (8.25l/100) to melb.

Once you start cornering at speed with them they are unbelievable!!- they feel much smaller, tighter and turn in like nothing else. I love this about them more than anything!!. I think mine came with diff stabiliser bars but is standard ride height,shocks etc. the steering, brake feel are perfect wouldnt trade it for anything. This ride/handling balance also deceives you in thinking its slow. Once you start turning in 80+and accelerating out at 100+kph on medium corners you will know what I mean and it does it easily without fuss..thats the beauty of skyline- all of them do it better than most cars twice the price. I took a mate with a Clubsport for a drive and cornered at 80 whilst talking to him & he was just gobsmacked at how comfy it felt at speed..

So the answer is once you actually push on a but you will feel how nimble this car is.

• 3 months later...

Hey from New Zealand, i'm Rob just purchased MY08 Skyline 350GT, has Nismo struts/springs, Cusco Strut Brace, 19" Factory Enkei Rims with 70k on it. Looking for the Jap to English CD conversion? Oh and HI :action-smiley-069:

Few Pics

BB8E4BBA-2099-4B2C-A6B8-98955537B217.jpg

026774E6-8648-48ED-8AB1-370406BD9D8E.jpg

8D383B36-BF4C-4A1C-81FE-82C12DD52C94.jpg

0D7AD570-7C03-48A1-8CE3-4D3BFEC197E6.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone

There was no place to say hello so i just joined this thread, sorry for intruding.

I have a Nissan Skyline V35, 2002 model. Can someone help me please, i've had the car for about a year now, its had its services.

The "Check Engine Light " came on yesterday when i was driving to work.

Diagnostic has shown the codes P0191, P0100 & P0328.

Can anyone help please

Hello Everyone

There was no place to say hello so i just joined this thread, sorry for intruding.

I have a Nissan Skyline V35, 2002 model. Can someone help me please, i've had the car for about a year now, its had its services.

The "Check Engine Light " came on yesterday when i was driving to work.

Diagnostic has shown the codes P0191, P0100 & P0328.

Can anyone help please

You'll need to clear those codes first. Then wait for the check light to come on again. Then check again because they could be old error codes.

Fuel pressure, air flow and knock sensor.

Just google the error codes when you get them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Getting my 09 370GT but badged as an Infiniti G37S next week :) (although i do like the skyline badging, i feel like the infiniti badges reduces attention from the cops a bit more)

any essential things i should do to the car? the headunit and everything is working beautiful already cos it's been converted already

will drive it rock stock for a while and then maybe black out the wheels(keeping the chrome nuts) and painting the calipers red or yellow, and at the first service chuck in some k&n panel filters

what do you guys think of a gloss black roof wrap?

QPYBRQ-Resized640x480.jpg

W2W87G-Resized640x480.jpg

Edited by mkn23

I guess it's not a secret since it's clearly shown on their website on certain cars

Nagoya Motors, Caringbah - NSW

i believe he outsources the work for 2.5k but he can do some good deals for you, only place in Australia apparently

was also considering a V36 350GT SP with cream interior, non converted unit (yet) but it has a wifi mirroring system installed, can mirror tablets and phones somehow

Edited by mkn23

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Fairly long time member, had a few R33 skylines and now have a 2006 V36 Skyline 350GT Type SP. Love the car, crazy power for a sedan and so many features.

Have some plans for it (lowering, front tints, spacers, axle back exhaust).

DSC06352-2_zpse0c309b9.jpg

DSC06363_zps1239274b.jpg

DSC06362_zps28cd64ab.jpg

DSC06374_zps203aa051.jpg

Excuse the dirty car, had just driven it home from picking it up.... a 6 hour drive away.

• Like 2