SAU Community

Newbies

Also, wanted to discuss fuel economy of V35 GT350 2003 model. Can anyone tell me what sort of mileage they are getting? I'm expecting 8km per litre or 12.5L/100km on combined city and highway. Anyone getting better mileage?

Awesome woodgrain finish mate. Did your car come with it or did you upgrade that too? If so how? I have a very similar one like yours, same color and model, but I havent upgraded the stereo yet. I am planning to put an after market single din in the place of the CD-ROM under the glove box. To put the after market stereo in the front dash I would need to buy a dash trim kit, which I don't really know where to source locally from (sydney) except for ebay.

Woodgrain is a dealer option.

As for the Oem gear I sell it. Can ship to Sydney without issue.

Also, wanted to discuss fuel economy of V35 GT350 2003 model. Can anyone tell me what sort of mileage they are getting? I'm expecting 8km per litre or 12.5L/100km on combined city and highway. Anyone getting better mileage?

My 6sp manual returns between 11.0 and 11.5 L/100km in 100% light city traffic (probably averaging around 40km/h). I have only done one decent highway trip in this car and averaged 7.5L/100km.

And that is resetting the trip meter at fillup and caclucating using fuel volume at the next fill up. I don't have navi to give a km/L reading.

Woodgrain is a dealer option.

As for the Oem gear I sell it. Can ship to Sydney without issue.

You mean you have OEM dash trim kit with place for after market stereo headunit? How much would that cost? I'm trying to just have blue tooth for streaming music through my BOSE stereo and wondering if there's any other way of doing it besides putting in after market head unit.

Cheers mate!

Hey guys,

Long time reader but first time poster as I got a V35 06 White. I love it, this car is amazing as a cruiser!! I generally drive a lot. I wouldn't say it's the best on fuel however I think it's great for its size.. plus who buys it only for fuel!

I got the premium pack but aftermarket DVD player/Bluetooth etc.

I noticed it had a shift light REV which is cool. My friend has an earlier year model and didn't have it, was this only available from 06 onwards?

:domokun:

I noticed it had a shift light REV which is cool. My friend has an earlier year model and didn't have it, was this only available from 06 onwards?

Good question.. my 05 6sp has it, I just assumed they all did.. maybe it was just the series 2/3 which have a different speedo cluster to the series 1.

Yeah mine was made 11/2005 and has it. When I first revved - I thought - oh know its got a problem with Reverse gear ! Lol they are a great car- New job in Syd worst traffic has killed the mileage. Driven really smart in light traffic you can get 8.5klm/l and 12.5 on open rd.Mines got some K's after 6&1/2 years and Im still getting very close in good conditions

Posted in 'the gallery', but didn't receive any responses, so guessed that i had posted in the wrong thread...

Just picked up a V36 370 a couple of weeks ago. Finally decided to replace my 4door R32 GTSt. It is the 'S' variant, and very happy with it (apart from the Japanese GPS of course). Shopped around for a bit before buying from Road and Track at Silverwater. Great to deal with, and the car came with de-registration certificate from Japan, giving me some piece of mind as to legitimate kms (apparently a common issue from what I had been reading).

Sorry, only took basic shots at my place with a camera phone. BTW the rear wheels aren't not quite as low as they look; the positioning in my driveway is causing that!

Loving the car, and looking forward to the next Sydney Skyline cruise.

post-75333-0-32447100-1395091676_thumb.jpg

post-75333-0-83847000-1395091685_thumb.jpg

post-75333-0-29807200-1395091692_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Posted in 'the gallery', but didn't receive any responses, so guessed that i had posted in the wrong thread... Just picked up a V36 370 a couple of weeks ago. Finally decided to replace my 4door R32 GTSt. It is the 'S' variant, and very happy with it (apart from the Japanese GPS of course). Shopped around for a bit before buying from Road and Track at Silverwater. Great to deal with, and the car came with de-registration certificate from Japan, giving me some piece of mind as to legitimate kms (apparently a common issue from what I had been reading). Sorry, only took basic shots at my place with a camera phone. BTW the rear wheels aren't not quite as low as they look; the positioning in my driveway is causing that! Loving the car, and looking forward to the next Sydney Skyline cruise.

Dat Grille! Although I'm probably a bigger fan of a body colour painted version with unblackened badge, but still that looks sick.

• Like 1

Mostly.. I have been down this track myself a while ago..

S1 and S2/3 front pads are definitely different. the S2/3 V35 run a twin piston front calliper, the S1 is a single piston and the brake pads are larger on the S2/3.

Rear pads are the same across all non-brembos, despite the larger rear rotor on the S2/3

I used a late model 350Z rear rotor on my S2 (308mm diameter) and the park brake size was the same.. not sure if it was the smaller or larger size mentioned in the above link, but everything fitted and works fine, so maybe there was a 'changeover' period on the 350z?? as the rear park brake mech on mine is the same as the S1 V35.

From what I could find, only the brembos have a 190MM handbrake.. could be wrong though, info was a bit sketchy. I only know the 05+ rear rotors fit my S2 V35 fine.. including handbrake size.

Dat Grille! Although I'm probably a bigger fan of a body colour painted version with unblackened badge, but still that looks sick.

Cheers mate. The chrome grille was the one aspect of the 36 I didn't like, and this one came with an alternative in the boot (as it appears now). Happy with it; makes it look less 'coporate'.

Not sure if I will keep it black or colour code it with the car. I like black, but it seems to be very common on all cars these days (almost as common as chrome).

Cheers mate. The chrome grille was the one aspect of the 36 I didn't like, and this one came with an alternative in the boot (as it appears now). Happy with it; makes it look less 'coporate'.

Not sure if I will keep it black or colour code it with the car. I like black, but it seems to be very common on all cars these days (almost as common as chrome).

Any idea what grille you have? Looks awesome ;)