SAU Community

Newbies

I had no probs just make sure its reputable dealer on ebay.

The other really good bang for your bucks is LEDs-parkers, no plate, boot, doors,interior

try this.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/g35-clear-side-marker

I would have to disagree in regard to the LEDs.. they cost 'bucks', but return zero 'bang', unless you just like a different colour light.. Plain old lamps do the job just fine.

How would you know - have seen them or tried them ?? Has nothing to do with colour!- they are brighter and more effective. Driving down a driveway you can actually light up the walls either side with your parkers.The interior is much better and allows you to find things at night- especially those with dark trim. If you like I will buy you a pair there only about $12 at supercheap.

try this.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/g35-clear-side-marker

I would have to disagree in regard to the LEDs.. they cost 'bucks', but return zero 'bang', unless you just like a different colour light.. Plain old lamps do the job just fine.

Thanks mate! Perfect :)

As for LEDs.. My MR2 has all of them done so if they're the same fit then I will swap them all over :)

My V35 has white parkers and xenons but they said they're taking them off for compliance. Hopefully they leave them in the boot or something so I can whack them back in. Huge fan of white/blue lights on cars compared to the dated yellow look!

How would you know - have seen them or tried them ?? Has nothing to do with colour!- they are brighter and more effective. Driving down a driveway you can actually light up the walls either side with your parkers.The interior is much better and allows you to find things at night- especially those with dark trim. If you like I will buy you a pair there only about $12 at supercheap.

Yes, have tried interior lights.. I found the brighter interior lights too bright at night and switched back to the standard bulbs.. but if you like them.. fine. I have a torch in the glove box for finding lost stuff in dark parts of the car.

Parking lights are not supposed to be bright, it will probably make them illegal if they are too bright.

No. Plate lights.. well, they don't really need to be any brighter.

There has also been a few posts of issues with the interior lights not working properly with LEDs.

They are perfectly legal- they are brighter not too bright !-they use less power and produce less heat.making them safer and should be more durable. Friends have had them for years without changing one. Last of all the colour emitted is much nicer! Ive had them iver a year- no issue.

Sure if you like them then go for it. The main benefit is the range of colours if you don't like the normal incandescent colour.

Also in the 12 years I owned a J30 Maxima, the only 'bulb' I ever replaced is 2 interior dash lights. I wouldn't be surprised if LEDs have less lifespan than decent quality automotive bulbs.

I see some companies now selling 'loading resistors' for those that have retrofitted LEDs and have issues with their car electronics, they are designed to present the same electrical load on the cars electrics as normal bulbs.

If they are "designed to use the same electrical load" - why would they need load resisters?. The only situation you may need these is if you use more powerful LED's than the standard amperage ( which is crazy as they brighter anyway)Or you try using them where theres inconsistent power supply such as indicators.- which is not what they are designed for.

Everyone knows standard tail light fitment on the V is LED's. They are more effective and durable.I have had my car over six years without changing one and I doubt anyone ever needs to.

Like anything if you use them correctly they are , brighter, more efficient, and more durable. Its ok if you dont like them but stop talking BS and scaring people from using them - just because you dont know what your on about.

Btw - the guy just told your hes had them in his MR2- so he knows more about them than you do.

Lol.. I forgot it is still school holidays.

in regard to 'speaking BS' -

1. It's call 'current', not 'amperage'

2. the additional resistors are designed to present the same electrical load as the original bulbs, as the LEDs normally don't, unless they have such resistors intergrated.

3. Decent quality automotive bulbs are easilly as durable, I have seen plenty of cars driving around with LED brake lights in the rear window, or rear spoiler with half of them not working. - and as I said.. 12 years in my old J30 without a single failed brake, parking, indicator or headlight bulb.

4. at no point did I try to 'scare' anyone from using anything, I just disputed your 'really good bang for buck' claim.

Facts -

1. LEDs are useful if you want a different colour without using filters on the bulbs (which reduce light output), they draw less power or produce more light for a given power rating, run cooler, and can have a decent lifespan, unless you buy cheap dodgy ebay LEDs which have a lifespan of about 12 months..

2. LEDs often upset car electronics.. there has already been a few threads in regard to people having the 'auto dimming' feature of their V35 interior lights not work with LEDs. And some reporting 'failed brake light' warnings on some cars due to the reduced load.

3. To make sure we all understand, I will repeat myself in capitals - USE THEM IF YOU LIKE!!!

18 years in the broadcast electronics industry has given me some knowledge of what LEDs are and how they work..

Can you actually read!- of course people with auto dimmers are going to have problems- LEDS are not designed for dimmers or switches with inconsistent/variable power input.

All your other gibberish just confirms what I said about them.

18 years in broadcast electronics wont fix your short circuit kid.

All your other gibberish just confirms what I said about them.

So why are you argueing with me??

Can you actually read!- of course people with auto dimmers are going to have problems- LEDS are not designed for dimmers or switches with inconsistent/variable power input.

Hmm.. wrong yet again.. LEDs work perfectally fine on suitable dimmers, it is the dimmers that have the problem.. they don't like the reduced load of the LEDs in these cases..

Anyway.. I'm out.. you go back to your 'amperage' now.. :)

hello to all V36 owners out there,

previously a long time skyline owner and have taken a break for the past 2 years (went down the EVO path) now soon to be back to ye' ol' skyline.

looking at the v36 sedan Type SP 3.5L 2008.

Is there any known common issues with these cars?

i've read up something about the cam sensor failing being common

is there any difference between the 06-09 models?

would you v36 owners be kind enough to list down any issues you had with your car.

Thanks

If you look around and read some of the threads on here, you will see that the 06-07 models seem to have a software problem that makes driving the car a nightmare and apparently 2008+ dont have this problem. Have a read of this thread mate

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/430930-v36-rev-probs-firmware-update-anyone/?hl=%20v36

Hi all!

Just picked up my 04' 70th anniversary just over a week ago now and I'm f**king loving this car.

IMG_20140105_142858_zps79234aa7.jpg

IMG_20140105_142850_zpse12ee163.jpgIMG_20140110_180250_zps469e3466.jpg

The car is pretty much a blank canvas at this point.

Planning on over the coming year or two:

- Clear side indicators

- Computer language conversion + buttons

- Slim white licence plates

- Window tinting

- Ztube to stock airbox
- 350z Engine cover

- Suspension upgrades (sway bars, strut braces etc)

And less important stuff

- Plenum spacer

- Somesort of exhaust (not sure of what, want to keep a muffler at the end)

- OEM cruise control unit

- Wider 19" wheels

....and to fix
- Remote key (does abolutely nothing)

- Passenger side door lock actuator

- Some of the rubber seal stuff under the driver side door looks like it was hit with something and some of it came off.

- Clean out the massively long red hair I found underneath the centre console :S

Also, can anyone tell me what those little microphone looking things are on the dash? There are 2 of them.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm Davo and I'm new to the world of V-Series. Here's mine, details in the info bit to the left. Erm... no plans for it other than general ownership and some reliable motoring, a welcome change to the 1970s horror stories that I previously had...

2555e886-b3f3-4414-8935-1c3b41a8b953_zps

Very nice! The wood grain is a nice finish.

It has 2 subs? Where?

2 small (about 8" I'd say) subs in the rear shelf. They don't have a whole lot of punch compared to my 12" but it still vibrates the rear window (can see it in my mirror haha) :happy:

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

totally new to V35 topic. Thinking about buying one from 2003 with ~100k kms. Premium sport. Prices are super low for this super car now.

Could you help me - what should I look at while inspecting?

Will it be good reliable car to make maybe another 100k kms?

K

Got my car and did the first mod! Nice GPS/DVD system from my old MR2. Sounds great on the Bose speakers in my V35! Didn't realise it had 2 subs haha

1622596_10152063419764300_64611392_n.jpg

Awesome woodgrain finish mate. Did your car come with it or did you upgrade that too? If so how? I have a very similar one like yours, same color and model, but I havent upgraded the stereo yet. I am planning to put an after market single din in the place of the CD-ROM under the glove box. To put the after market stereo in the front dash I would need to buy a dash trim kit, which I don't really know where to source locally from (sydney) except for ebay.