SAU Community

Newbies

There is no VQ35DD engine, the 3.5L engine is not direct injected, so it is a VQ35DE.

The oil consumption issues you read about are likely realted to the 'rev-up' version of the VQ35DE fitted to the 05+ Infiniti G35. This engine was never used in the skyline.

OK, thanks for clearing that up for me.

I assumed the VQ35 in V35 was DD, I see that's not right at all now.

You have put my mind at ease.

On topic of the oil consumption issues.. my car has used almost 1.5L of oil in around 7,000km/6 months. Definitely doesn't seem normal to me, but i keep getting different dipstick readings it's very annoying and it's such in a stupid location!

I find I need to let the car sit for about 10 minutes after stopping before checking the oil.

It seems some oil in the head returns to the sump via the dip stick. Making it impossible to get an accurate reading until it has finished draining.

Same on the VQ35DE in the maxima.

Noob question, are V35 coupe front struts, shocks and springs interchangable /direct fitment for to V35 sedan?

Interchangeable. Yes. But the coupe springs are slightly lower than the sedan springs (about 12mm or 1/2 inch)

Thanks mate,

What about 350Z front struts, shocks and springs?

I have read that they will swap over to V35 coupe, but are 1" lower?...... So therefore are 1 1/2" lower on sedan?

Can any one confirm this for me please?

Also, would anyone know is V35 sedan and coupe front seat interchangeable? Do they share the same base frame mounting points

Al

Edited by FUTO_GT

350z springs will give a 1in drop on a sedan or a 1/2in drop on a coupe.

Not sure about the seats, but I don't think they are a simple swap.

So, let me get this straight, are you saying that the 350Z struts don't bolt up to V35 knuckles and struts towers?

But that the springs out of the 350Z struts and rears fit V35 and give the lower ride height when installed?

So, let me get this straight, are you saying that the 350Z struts don't bolt up to V35 knuckles and struts towers?

But that the springs out of the 350Z struts and rears fit V35 and give the lower ride height when installed?

350z struts and springs are a direct bolt on to coupe and sedan Vs. it will lower the sedan by 1" and the coupe by about 1/2"

^^ this.. everything fits, the V35 coupe, sedan and 350z all use the same suspension setup.. the only difference is the ride height with the different springs. The 300gt and 250gt may have had lighter duty shocks too if they had lower spring rates.. not too sure on that one though.. n15m0 can probably anwer that too..

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all. Just thought i would do my introduction since i have been lurking around the forum for a little while.

My name is Mathew and i am from Adelaide.

Here is my 03 350gt that i have owned for a month.

IMG_2612_zps564f889a.jpg

IMG_2610_zps516ee063.jpg

I love it! Best car i have had for sure, just an absolute pleasure to drive with the 6spd.

Im keen to know more about the car and would like to meet up with felow enthusiests one day.

All i have done to it so far is remove the "skyline" badging, boot lip spoiler and swap "S" plates for premium squares.

Plans are wheels, exhaust and bits n pieces to make it a little more agile.

Maybe an air induction kit of some sort too.

Cheers

Edited by Triggs

Hi guys my name is Mark and I just joined yesterday. I bought my 03 350gt 2 days ago and I couldn't stop browsing around this forum even when I was at work. Anyway here is the pic of my car.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/20130118193216.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/266/20130117130002.jpg/

Thanks mate. I couldn't stop looking at v35's since I got mine. First thing I did when I got it home is cleaned the whole car and fixed the seat. The previous owner thought that its broken but once I got home I disconnected the battery and took the seat out, disconnected the motor and manually winded the seat and moved it forward a bit. Reconnected the wiring and voila its all working. The only issue is if you move the seat too far back, it gets stuck again. I need to clean the rails properly, ill do that when I get time off work.

hi all

im new to this forum. bought a v35 coupe about two months ago after totalling my rex. i bought sone lenso D1r's last week with folling specs - 18 inch 9 +15 and 10 +22. havent bought any tyres yet. was wondering what will be the best tyre size for my wheels which doesnt require too much work ie; guard roll, camber ect. im on stock suspension at the moment and plan to drop the car abut an 1 - 1.5 inches

thanks