SAU Community

Insurance for a 17 year old

Well i got an R32 GTS25, and i knew that comprehensive was going to be out of my price range so i got 3rd party property insurance (upto $20million) and fire and theft insurance (to $10,000) and this cost me $526p/a.....i thought this was pretty decent, this is through Elders insurance, i've heard from others that there very quick to process claims. I pay this monthly and its about $45...which for those on a budget is easily manageable.

Yeah if you drive like a mad man on speed i strongly sugest you dont go for this option, but if you have some self controll then all you have to worry about is those that hit you and dont have 3rd party property them selves(hopefully these are a low number of drivers, i personly would refuse to drive without it), then of cause you have accidents where people run into you in a car park and such, which some parasite did to me (i am not very happy) but taking into consideration that claiming this on insurance would incure a excess bill wich in alot of cases is greater than that of the repair bill, and you have to restart your N/C bonus earning all over again. OH and BTW, with my policy i am earning a N/C bonus but at half the rate of someone with full comprehensive.

very true, i had never though of it that way.

so 9/10 times 3rd p.p ends up better for claims/no claims than comp

coz im over the driving like a nut phase.

what would happen if someone was to hit my car? cheaper to fix it without informing the insurer, im just thinking if someone hits me in the parking lot or something and doesnt leave details. whether its cheaper to claim it on insurance or to fix it without knowledge of the insurer

thanks, this is very helpful info

yep my name, its not insured for my parents to drive it, i never bothered to put them on the list, just cars is a named driver policy only.