SAU Community

Gt-rs Is In! Yeehaa

sl33py

To skip my b1tchin' and get to the fun part, see page 2!

I was *supposed* to have my car repaired and detailed in time for marquees in the park after being rear ended at low speed in an intersection. The rear bumper was bent in in the middle, and jutting out on both sides where it met the rear quarters, paint cracked. It looked like a relatively simple job and I figured could only take 4-5 days. They rang back on the 4th day to say their painter painted the bumper the wrong colour and they needed to redo it. I expect they just got the paint code and just painted it without taking 10 years of fading into account. Anyway, they rang two days ago to say they were done. Great! Just in time for the detailing the next day.

Rocked up with GF. First words out of GF's mouth were "when are they starting on it?" cos it literally looked like the day I dropped it off. Bumper in nearly the exact spot it was when I left it with them. Right hand side hanging a full centimetre out from the rear quarter, left hand side hanging out 5mm off. Centre section which says "skyline" not attached properly, and when they pressed it into place in front of me and said "there ya go!" it wasn't even remotely close to sitting straight (about 7mm up on one side). Where the bumper normally "bumps" out a an angle, there were what looked like air pockets like when a 7 year old kid tries to cover their school books with contact for themselves the very first time. And across the whole back of the bumper there was a similar effect to what you get if the same kid sprinkled dirt across the top of the book, then covered it.

I don't know what blind monkey inspected the "finished work" but I can't believe they even had the gaul to ring me in the first place. What's more, they started going on about how it'll never line up 100% straight compared to how it started yada yada yada and all this BS. I'm not letting this go. Insurer seems good about it so far, said their satisfaction warranty overrides any warranty given by the repairer. The chick on reception said that the painter was fired over this work. It's not like they've got 100 other things on at the same time, they just have to get it looking right, and when a non-car person like my gf can tell from 10 metres away that it aint right, that's a JOKE.

If you wanna know who it was, PM me.

Edited by sl33py

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Belconnen. What really surprised me is that they are an AAMI recommended repairer. That's what completely astounded me, forget to say it. If it's against the rules to say that, someone let me know and I'll edit this.

Not Belconnen. What really surprised me is that they are an AAMI recommended repairer. That's what completely astounded me, forget to say it. If it's against the rules to say that, someone let me know and I'll edit this.

Don't think it's an issue, unless you say who it is, I've got a place I'l never go to again in Belconnen, pretty much the same story with my old car.

I just rang, they think they're finished again - we'll see around lunchtime today. Will post follow up. I don't expect they'll have done it properly this time around, otherwise they wouldn't have even presented it to me as they did 1st time around. PMs sent to those who asked.

The bumper is still a dog's dinner. It's slightly better aligned on the right (still not "right"), but the LHS was obviously forced out just to make the RHS line up better. The paint is exactly as it was the first time. They even had to get the lackey who did the work come out from the workshop to come and see where the ****ed up.

Gotta get it inspected by the insurer's assessor on Monday/Tuesday. If he doesn't say "yep it needs to be fixed" within 10 seconds of seeing the car, then I'll be damned.

Speaking of who to avoid, Just spotted a worker at one smash repairer this afternoon in the rain, do a massive burnout in either his car or a customers car from the street into the back of the smash repairers building. Nice one, I'm really going to bring my car to that place now, if they do that at work. ;)

Love to know, I had a similar incident with a belconnen repairer, who took 3 goes to end up doing a crap job.

If it's against the forum rules to defame, then stating your case, saying who you are and who they are, what the facts, is not defamation.

I'm still waiting on Croydon to finnish my car since it was "done" months ago, a simple fact neither party is in dispute about. The mention of tuners/repairers is very common in threads.

If the forum rules say you can't name a company for fear of defination, then thats a matter for the the form admin and the usage terms.

PMs sent. I copied and pasted from one of the earlier ones I sent, so it's a little out of date but has the relevant info.

I'd love to think spreading the word would send them on their merry way to bankruptcy, but I know a lot of average joes who aren't "car people" would either a) not notice their bad work or b) not want to fight "the man"

My insurer is Just Cars. They've been fine so far. Will see what happens when my satisfaction is in their hands (now the repairer doesn't have it any more). I also said I'm not giving the car back to them, regardless what they decide to do. Something of interest: even though u can ring JCI from like 8am to 6pm, you can only ring the repair counsellor type people from 830am to 530pm.

I wonder if charades counts :D Someone tell me if this it out of line, but I've only stated facts too, as a20089 pointed out.

1st word: ***** kicked Goliath's a55

2nd word: My fingers are attached to my ****s.

Should be enough info. using yellowpages.com.au. I didn't even have to filter down to ACT results.

Another REALLY annoying thing: I was driving home in the car from work yesterday and even over the heavily pouring rain, I could hear some crazy loud creaking/groaning from the back of the car every time I went over any bumps. I think the way they've reattached the bumper, something isn't secured properly and is rubbing against whatever it's attached to, making my car sound like a spanish galleon at full tilt in a squall!!! Quite an achievement, I must say.